2nd FS inactivation ceremony today

2nd FS inactivation ceremony

"There is no better mission or group of people to command in the U.S. Air Force," said Colonel Burgh. "Growing young F15C pilots for the combat Air Force and helping to develop our instructor pilots into world-class officers was very rewarding. If I had to narrow it down to one thing (I'll miss the most), I'll miss the challenge of bringing all the different pieces together to get a very difficult mission accomplished."

'Bittersweet' ceremony for American Beagles

Tyndall Air Force Base has been the home of the 2nd Fighter Squadron, known as the “American Beagle Squadron,†since 1974, and the squadron’s pilots have trained on the F-15 Eagle at the base for more than 25 years.

Record Safety Record

Talk about a record. According to the Boeing Company who build them, the 2nd Fighter Squadron is the safest F-15 unit in history. After 150,000 flight hours without a single accident, Boeing awarded the Beagles with a plaque to commemorate the achievement. The 2nd Fighter Squadron’s commander was quick to set the record straight when he made it to the podium afterwards.

“It’s actually up to 155,000 flight hours now,†Lt. Col Scott Burgh said.

Inactivation effective 1 Oct 2010

Edited by RockyController