Dornier Do 215B-4, ICM, 1/72 (Finished)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as I suspected, this kit is overenginered, broken down in way to many parts to obtain a lot of detail.

And the fit is not paticulary good.

I think that manufactures should keep their kit simpel and easy to build, like Revell, Acadamy etc., and leave it up the after maked producers the make detaling kits. Personaly I do not care for all these details that you do not see any way.

Producing easier kits would make it cheeper and atract more people.

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

2 part fuselage, bad idea, not a very good fit.

IMG_1266.jpg

had to insert some plastic card.

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

why make a seperat bombbay doors ???, bad idea makes the fuselage flimsy.

cheers

Jes

• 1 month later...

A lot of work on this plane, again why do they have to break down into so many pieces?? :)

Anyway made some more progress

Attached the engines, again more putty.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Attaching the side rudders also gave some problem, if I had attached as in the set, the plane would just have been flying in cirkels :pray:

IMG_1281.jpg

And then how to attach the undercarriage :doh: , no attachment points

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

According to the instructions had to use these flimsy parts, that was so thin and soft that the broke just looking at them.

So had to inset a piece of plastic card and there you a nice attachment point, and im not looking up the undercarriage any way, againg a over engineered solution that only gave problems :coolio:

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

The cockpit assembeled, looking nice.

IMG_1285.jpg

cheers

Jes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jes, it is good to see you building this kit. I'm also impressed with your work on the landing gears. I'm surprised to see it can stand on its rickety legs.

I have the same model, but I've been affraid to start it. I might just build it with gear up, and with Italeri's HE-111 crew flying it. Still, your work is inspired me to try, so thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

So finally finished, not an easy build mostly due to the fact that this kit has been overengeenered, a lot of unusable parts, to thin and fragile.

So kit manufactores why not keep it simpel and accurate, and let up to the model builders weather they what to use extra money on detaling,.

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

cheers

Jes