Hi Folks

I have stared to today on my 1st entry the Harvard using the Italeri Texan and Ventura decals. Going to be modelled after the actual airframe used by my dad during his QFI training in Wigram in the sixtees

Wish me luck..........

A OOB build with aftermarket decals.............and swoping of canopies from the Hasegawa reboxed Texan.............

har1.jpg

har.jpg

Best

Mr B

Hi Mr B!

One of the best looking Texans! Good choice, the same is waiting in my stash too. So I will follow your build quite often. Maybe think about the eduard set for the interior or at least eduard seat belts, the italeri pit is a bit "basic" and you can see a lot through the canopy. The canopy fit is very good of the italeri kit (i build a nearly luftwaffe texan a few years ago), the hasegawa canopy is the same as monogram, I doubt about the fit on the ital. fuse! Maybe better to take a vacu formed canopy.

So good luck!! Happy harvard-modelling!

thanks guys !

tobik - i agree with you but this is a fast build.....no aftermarket planned......about the canopy.....will try to use both the italeri and monogram....

masterqq- nope this one will be based after the rnzaf .....

Airframe almost complete.............almost perfect fit

Will stop here...........until I can check reference with some pics at parents home...........espically the airframe number

hard.jpg

best

mr b

oops, really quick build! Haha...better replace the pitot and put in a metal tube. I broke mine while building, and I bet you will do the same! :explode:

oh a second question: will you go for the grey or the NMF version? (with the kiwi or the feather in the roundels?). I could hardly decide, maybe I would have to build both versions.

Thanks guys

Tobik - I am trying to disipline myself with the pitot.....trying not to break it till complete.............yeah fast not much to put together...........Will be going with the Alumininum with the Orange with this one............with the fern leave in the insignas............hats off to ventura......its a good sheet they put together........

Anthony - Thanks............yes Harvards are cool............I must admit playing combat with it as it sits on the bench now...........ha ha

Spoke to my dad today, there will be a correction.....I will be building NZ1058 the aircraft he did his 1st solo in without the checkers.............on his 2nd visit doing his QFI course....he cannot recall the the actual.....airframe ....and needs to check his log book...........interesting story on how CFS and FTS and the story of the red checkers....maybe ....when time permits....will build another one....with the red checkers..............and confirm with his log book

Wish me luck.....with the canopy.............and will try and post one of the build with him in the cockpit .....once done

Best

Mr B

Wow the world is indeed small............who would have tought..........if not too much of trouble.....some photos of it posted here or via my email will have my dad...........very happy to see the actual bird which saw him solo in............after all these years..............i

This has really made my day too.............thanks for sharing............

Best

Mr B

You made my day, I have been involved with a museum here in Christchurch for about 25 years and we have NZ1058.

Great choice!

Looking Good

i did one of those plane a while back but i jusst never managed to mask to canopy right to get a good finish

Keep it up

Looking Good

i did one of those plane a while back but i jusst never managed to mask to canopy right to get a good finish

Keep it up

Thanks Neo.............agree with you 100%....the masking is tricky.........don't know what horrors lie for me once i pull back the tape............

best

mr b

Hey Mr B

Sorry for the silence my friend. I just love your Harvard. I have a photo of '58' in that scheme and you have nailed it.

If you want me to get some pics of 58 for you then sling me a PM with your email and I will sort some out for you.

Cheers and well done

Anthony

Finished today

The canopy had to be redone...........as suspected...........the rear section broke into many pieces trying to take off the mask......lucky I had a spare.....the spare also got that tendency..........semi matt finish .....to silumate the alummiunm paint job

har3-1.jpg

har2-1.jpg

har1-2.jpg

This is the real NZ1058 with my dad in the cockpit..........on his 1st solo

har4.jpg

Best

Mr B

P.s Anthony you have p.m

Migmongoose - Thanks for the nice words !

• 2 weeks later...