Could you save 8 of each for me at the nats ? Or is it first comes first takes? :lol: Then I will run like hell to find your table.
Chris, can we order them to be picked up at your NATS table?
I'm casting lots and will continue until I hit the road so there should be plenty.

To be sure, you can e-mail me a list of what you want to pick up there and I'll set it aside.

If I sell out and you haven't showed up I'll put them back on the sale table.

:wave:

I'm casting lots and will continue until I hit the road so there should be plenty.

To be sure, you can e-mail me a list of what you want to pick up there and I'll set it aside.

If I sell out and you haven't showed up I'll put them back on the sale table.

:worship:

Wish list sent.

Please let us know payment options at your table, Chris.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Please let us know payment options at your table, Chris.
Cash at the table.

I'll be sending you an e-mail soon regarding your wishlist, pricing and pre-payment options.

Looking forward to the AIM-9P... Any idea when they'll be ready?
If Alexander doesn't start on them soon ( :taunt: ) I'll probably start the tooling some time after the nats, after doing some additional Russian missile pylons.

Initially I'll be doing the E followed by the J and P.

Unless... I decide to tackle the X :woot.gif:

:lol:

One thing that I think could help you out a little bit in your money printing business... scale.

I know that these are 1/32nd. But how big are these compared to, say, a US Quarter? I love showing tiny detail work against a familiar object just to establish how tiny these fiddly little bits are.

AIM-9s_1.jpg

I mean, really, how big are these? I don't want them for any particular kit (as nobody does a 1/32nd scale F-111E), I want them 'cause I used to work on the real things, and I'm really impressed.

Just my 2¢

Edited by K'Tesh
One thing that I think could help you out a little bit in your money printing business... scale.

I know that these are 1/32nd. But how big are these compared to, say, a US Quarter? I love showing tiny detail work against a familiar object just to establish how tiny these fiddly little bits are.

AIM-9s_1.jpg

I mean, really, how big are these? I don't want them for any particular kit (as nobody does a 1/32nd scale F-111E), I want them 'cause I used to work on the real things, and I'm really impressed.

Just my 2¢

They are 90 mm long and 4 mm diameter and I'm really glad you're impressed. :rolleyes:

Alexander.

QUOTE (K'Tesh @ Jul 23 2010, 02:24 AM) post_snapback.gifLooking forward to the AIM-9P... Any idea when they'll be ready?

If Alexander doesn't start on them soon ( :salute: ) I'll probably start the tooling some time after the nats, after doing some additional Russian missile pylons.

Initially I'll be doing the E followed by the J and P.

Unless... I decide to tackle the X :rolleyes:

Hi Chris! No, unfortunately a lack of keen interest, sorry.

As for the X, it's much more tempting. :wub:

But I want to complete my Mig-29 vast plastic surgery first. :worship:

Cheers!

Alexander.

:wub:

Has anyone else noticed that the umbilicals are mounted backwards?
:doh:

Too many long hours, too many late nights...

Fixed on the instruction sheet. I'll shoot new photos when I get time.

Thanks for pointing out the error!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing out the error!

You're welcome! A small thing, but I'm glad I saw it before it was too late to change without excess pain and suffering. I usually only see those kind of things when it's too late...

You're welcome! A small thing, but I'm glad I saw it before it was too late to change without excess pain and suffering. I usually only see those kind of things when it's too late...

Funny thing is, even after getting six hours of sleep last night, I looked at the photo this morning, looked at a few pics of the real thing and thought "What is he talking about?"

I can't wait for the Nats to get over with! It's kinda like Christmas. You love it, but it's a huge hassle preparing!

:doh:

P.S. I'll have a few sets of these waiting for you to pick up there. Thanks for all the help Jim! :cheers:

And can you add some coin to the shoot?
When I can find time to re-shoot the pictures I'll include a coin for scale, thanks for the suggestion.

That probably won't be until after the Nats though.

Instructions are finished:

AIM-9.jpg

Please don't find any errors in the instructions (Jim!) :cheers: . They are already at the print shop being printed and folded...

:bandhead2:

When I can find time to re-shoot the pictures I'll include a coin for scale, thanks for the suggestion.

That probably won't be until after the Nats though.

Instructions are finished:

AIM-9.jpg

Please don't find any errors in the instructions (Jim!) :wacko: . They are already at the print shop being printed and folded...

:bandhead2::cheers:

I s'pose you have a shipload of them to be taken to the Nats? :P

Cheers and happy vendoring!

Alexander.

:wacko:

Funny thing is, even after getting six hours of sleep last night, I looked at the photo this morning, looked at a few pics of the real thing and thought "What is he talking about?"

Laid out flat, the umbilical connector should point towards the front of the missile, not the back (like the instruction sheet, not the photos). That way it gets peeled away from the missile as it shoots off the rail rather than trying to stay attached (which would be a bad thing).

As for the later missiles, keep in mind that the AIM-9E was the USAF missile used the vast majority of the time during 1972's Operations Linebacker and Likebacker II. The AIM-9J didn't show up until August, was used in small numbers, and wasn't as effective as hoped because it tended to over control (although it did get four kills as opposed to six for the AIM-9E and looked much cooler than the E). The USAF primarily relied on Combat Tree IFF interrogation coupled with the AIM-7E-2 "Dogfight Sparrows" for most of their kills during this time (30 vs. 10 Sidewinder kills), while the Navy went the other way (having put many of their crews through Top Gun training), opting for AIM-9Gs and dogfighting skills for most of their kills (26 vs 1 Sparrow kill). The AIM-9J/N/P missiles were used into the 1990's on ever-decreasing types of aircraft, so they will have greater utility on USAF fighters of the late 1970s and early 1980s timeframe.

One other fact, largely ignored, is that the USAF tried one more time to get the AIM-4D Falcon to work during Linebacker. ;) After five launches failed to result in any kills, they were finally officially withdrawn from service on 22 Aug 72. There is a famous photo of Ritchie and DeBellvue after their first kill in front of 463--armed with Falcons. That would make an interesting, albeit esoteric, project for some enterprising aftermarket company! :jaw-dropping:

Laid out flat, the umbilical connector should point towards the front of the missile, not the back (like the instruction sheet, not the photos). That way it gets peeled away from the missile as it shoots off the rail rather than trying to stay attached (which would be a bad thing).

As for the later missiles, keep in mind that the AIM-9E was the USAF missile used the vast majority of the time during 1972's Operations Linebacker and Likebacker II. The AIM-9J didn't show up until August, was used in small numbers, and wasn't as effective as hoped because it tended to over control (although it did get four kills as opposed to six for the AIM-9E and looked much cooler than the E). The USAF primarily relied on Combat Tree IFF interrogation coupled with the AIM-7E-2 "Dogfight Sparrows" for most of their kills during this time (30 vs. 10 Sidewinder kills), while the Navy went the other way (having put many of their crews through Top Gun training), opting for AIM-9Gs and dogfighting skills for most of their kills (26 vs 1 Sparrow kill). The AIM-9J/N/P missiles were used into the 1990's on ever-decreasing types of aircraft, so they will have greater utility on USAF fighters of the late 1970s and early 1980s timeframe.

One other fact, largely ignored, is that the USAF tried one more time to get the AIM-4D Falcon to work during Linebacker. :bandhead2: After five launches failed to result in any kills, they were finally officially withdrawn from service on 22 Aug 72. There is a famous photo of Ritchie and DeBellvue after their first kill in front of 463--armed with Falcons. That would make an interesting, albeit esoteric, project for some enterprising aftermarket company! :rolleyes:

I second Jim's request for 1/32 Falcons! They were used from 67-72 on many MIG Cap missions on both F-4D's & F-4E's.

Edited by MHRD

One other fact, largely ignored, is that the USAF tried one more time to get the AIM-4D Falcon to work during Linebacker. :bandhead2: After five launches failed to result in any kills, they were finally officially withdrawn from service on 22 Aug 72. There is a famous photo of Ritchie and DeBellvue after their first kill in front of 463--armed with Falcons. That would make an interesting, albeit esoteric, project for some enterprising aftermarket company! :rolleyes:

I second Jim's request for 1/32 Falcons! They were used from 67-72 on many MIG Cap missions on botjh F-4D's & F-4E's. While we are at it, how about some QRC 335's (?), later called AN/ALQ 101 in both the long and short versions. I know Jim has some great info on them and they were carried on F-4D and F-4E Combat Tree aircraft during Linebacker.

Guys,

these AIM-9s are works of art. The detail has to be seen to be believed.

The resin casting is totally amazing. Completely flawless, smooth and crisp.

The fins are as thin as you're ever likely to see on a model.

Compare the resin to these pics to show just how good these Zactomodels Sidewinders are:

tn_NewarkAirMuseum200.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum202.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum209.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum212.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum213.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum215.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum292.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum295.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum218.jpg

I'd like to shake Chris and Alexander by the hand for bringing these stellar products to the market. Way to go you guys and thanks! :D

:beer4:

Edited by geedubelyer
Guys,

these AIM-9s are works of art. The detail has to be seen to be believed.

The resin casting is totally amazing. Completely flawless, smooth and crisp.

The fins are as thin as you're ever likely to see on a model.

Compare the resin to these pics to show just how good these Zactomodels Sidewinders are:

tn_NewarkAirMuseum200.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum202.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum209.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum212.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum213.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum215.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum292.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum295.jpg

tn_NewarkAirMuseum218.jpg

I'd like to shake Chris and Alexander by the hand for bringing these stellar products to the market. Way to go you guys and thanks! :rofl:

Hi Guy! Thank you for the input and nice pics! Now we can see what's happend to the missile's body after the propellant is burnt out. :rofl:

Cheers!

Alexander.

:rofl:

I have nothing to add that has not already been said about the quality of work between Chris and Alexander..... absolutely astounding work!

But I think alot of us are waiting with bated breath... How much?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished updating the website and they are now available! :thumbsup:

www.Zactomodels.com

But I think alot of us are waiting with bated breath... How much?

They are $17 (+S&H) per pair.

E-mail me with a list if you want to order multiple items to receive combined shipping. I will send a custom Paypal invoice.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Guy!

:worship:

P.S. I still have to take new photos showing the umbilicals mounted correctly. I'm busy casting parts for the next several days but will eventually get to it...