Hey Alexander, those look brilliant! How do you do it? Any plans on dong some AIM-120's?

Cheers,

Marcel

Hi Marcel! Nice to hear from you! Tnx for appreciation.

How I do such things? No trade secrets at all. Well, to figure out you can jump into my gallery to see the in-progress pics here: http://pilot64.gallery.ru/watch?a=nF1-eapR

As for the AIM-120, Chris actually keep it in mind as I heard from him.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:cheers:

Edited by Eastern

I have looked at your in-progress account of making the Sidewinder--still hard to believe you're able to create the level of detail and accuracy shown.

So when are the Aim-9D or Aim-9G's coming? :thumbsup:

Marcel

Zactomodels, appr. late July (hope so),...considering...
Sorry...

These will debut at the Nationals in Phoenix and be available through the website once I have returned.

D/G/H will also be available then.

Hopefully other variants such as the B, E/J and N/P will also be ready by then.

:jaw-dropping:

AIM-9M_1.jpg

AIM-9M_2.jpg

AIM-9M_3.jpg

AIM-9M_4.jpg

:salute:

Wow! It turned out simply great! Chris, you are a real Resin Magician! ;) As I can see, having got inspired so much you managed to cast this bad boy immidiately after it had arrived.

I hope the cannards and the wings are alined properly. Actually I didn't use any instruments, all was made just by eyesight. ;)

I think you can cast it by shiploads now. :)

Cheers!

Alexander.

With that level of detail and ubiquity of the Sidewinder, these missiles just might be the best selling Zacto product yet.

I did a quick check on my 1/32 stash, it looks like I may need up to 20 of them if I go all out. Man those missiles can do some serious damage to my bank account, Chris. haha.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

:tumble: Thanks guys ;)

AIM-9 D/G/H is finished:

AIM-9DGH_1.jpg

Other than different canards it differs from the AIM-9M in a few small details. It has smaller windows on the targeting detector and it lacks the safe/arm T-handle.

AIM-9DGH_2.jpg

Though not pictured, it will also include seeker covers.

The umbilical will be included on the M as well though it wasn't pictured. It is cast as a straight piece and can be heated to shape the bend.

:D

Hi Chris!

Hey bro, it turned out nicely! :thumbsup: :)

You've cast the umbilical! Is it what I sent you? ;)

Well, I think the next pie from our oven must be AIM-9X!

In this concern I would like to know which thing would be more preferable: live missile or CATM?

As for me, I would prefer the CATM as more easy to master. :)

the trouble is the lack of nice refers. Some nice pics one can find in JM's The Modern Eagle Guide but it's not enough.

Hey, fellas, if anyone has some nice close-ups, please share.

Cheers!

Alexander.

Chris, Alexander,

That's some beautiful stuff, guys. If priced right and production holds up, this can be a license to print money. Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks guys for the input.

All for you, fellas, and for your future masterpieces, to make you feel happy! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Alexander.

• 3 weeks later...
Both versions will be available at the IPMS Nationals in Phoenix then on my website when I return.

Chris,

You have single-handedly made the scorching desert in the middle of August THE place to go (at least for us big scale jet geeks anyways) with these missiles. I hope your truck has strong AC otherwise the resin may warp.

Terry