What? No more comments? No interest???

C'mon guys, we made a very nice thingy desirable for all F-15, F-16, F/A-18 1/32 scale fans.

And only one reply from Terry?

Chris has been struggling with all rear portion parts pouring molds, casting resin copies, trying to march them nicely and finally he coped with all those parts nicely. I do know it was quite a headache to resin cast that "bad boy". He made a great job on 9X and I think he deserved a decent encouragement. :jaw-dropping:

Cheers!

Alexander

Maybe not a lot of people come into the manufacturer's forum Alexander...and maybe those who do have not come in today. Give it some time, and people will come around and give credit where it is (certainly) due.

I think they look great, beyond actually, and when I get to a project that requires them, I will almost certainly order a set.

Aaron

I assume you're now working on the instructions, and the missiles will be available on your web site soon?
That's the plan...

You've figured me out! :whistle:

What? No more comments? No interest???
Hopefully the lack of comments is made up by a load of orders!
Maybe not a lot of people come into the manufacturer's forum Alexander...and maybe those who do have not come in today.
I think both comments are valid, especially with what's been going on in Japan lately...
The pictures just show how horrible the Trumpeter version is, but the Academy one doesn't seem that bad in shape.
That was the comment that I most expected to hear.

Amazing isn't it?!? :taunt:

You've done a great job on the rear fin platforms (I actually failed with my own parts having made them too wide) and adding of the thrust vectoring plates was a real icing on the cake!

I think it's gonna be a real hit to occupy the top of the Zactomodels' line.

Yes, it was a struggle and the rear of the missile was a real challenge, but look what we've accomplished together!

Great job Alexander!!! :coolio:

:taunt:

Yes, it was a struggle and the rear of the missile was a real challenge, but look what we've accomplished together!

Great job Alexander!!!

:cheers:

So, we are a team, bro, eh? ;) :D

I think there's nothing we can't accomplish both in plastic and resin. :cheers:

3f326c08-856f-44d4-9463-eb62696917da.jpg

Cheers!

Alexander

Edited by Eastern

Just superb guys :thumbsup:

This ought to be a very popular addition to the Zactomodels armoury.

The vectoring vanes look beautiful dudes, great job.

A coupla questions if I may? Chris, any thoughts on providing the inert/captive end nozzle as well as the live missile version?

Also, are you going to provide the MV lens as part of the set or will the production missiles have solid resin seeker heads?

Another excellent job alround :worship:

The vectoring vanes look beautiful dudes, great job.
Thanks Guy! :pray:
any thoughts on providing the inert/captive end nozzle as well as the live missile version?
I assume you are talking about the CATM version with the squared off rear (there is also a CATM version that looks almost identical to the live round: http://www.arcair.com/AWA1/601-700/walk694...ton/walk694.htm ).

Unfortunately I don't have good enough references to do the square ended version. I have only found 2 pics, neither showing what happens to the rear portion of the conduit.

are you going to provide the MV lens as part of the set or will the production missiles have solid resin seeker heads?
Yes!

MV Products is producing a custom diameter and profile lens for me to include in the package.

They look so cool it would almost be a shame to use the included seeker head covers...

AIM9X_9-1.jpg

:(

Edited by Zactoman
I assume you are talking about the CATM version with the squared off rear (there is also a CATM version that looks almost identical to the live round: http://www.arcair.com/AWA1/601-700/walk694...ton/walk694.htm ).

Unfortunately I don't have good enough references to do the square ended version. I have only found 2 pics, neither showing what happens to the rear portion of the conduit.

PM/Email sent...

Edited by Zactoman
any thoughts on providing the inert/captive end nozzle as well as the live missile version?
I assume you are talking about the CATM version with the squared off rear .

PM/Email sent...

I love ARC...

Big thanks to Harv for sending me the pics I needed to do the job :blink:

AIM9X_10.jpg

AIM9X_11.jpg

So yes Guy, both nozzles will be included.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Email sent!
Man you're fast!

E-mail received, invoice sent, payment received and your package will ship tomorrow (technically today as it's 3:45 AM my time and I haven't gone to bed yet.).

Thanks Dave!

Chris,

It appears you have set up your item AIM-9X on the Paypal side as AIM-9D/G/H. Hence when I clicked on "Add to cart" on the X, I actually added the D/G/H. The price is correct though. I assume this is a minor mistake that can be easily fixed. I went ahead and ordered two sets of X and 1 set of L/M. I can't wait to see them in my hands.

Cheers,

Terry

The AIM-9X is now available!!!

AIM-9X.jpg

www.Zactomodels.com

:whistle:

Wow. Those look amazing! I had to quote your post just to show the pic again! ;^) Congrats to you, Chris, and Alexander on another piece of art - glad I was able to provide just the tiniest amount of support for all your incredible efforts on these- Well done! Now, I need to build something worthy of hanging these on...

Got mine today :worship:

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy......these puppies raawk punk.gif

Beautiful work Chris and Alexander. The articles are crafted to perfection and the casting is peerless.

A remarkable creation worth every cent.

Thanks to you both for realising this miniature masterpiece. :deadhorse1:

(Now I just need something to dangle it off....... :taunt: )

:stupid:

Got the missiles early last week. They look great as always. I'm a little confused about the umbilical, though. I see it on unmounted missiles, but I can't see how it goes on the rail.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/294207..._8b66482523.jpg

I'm guessing it connects to something inside the rail and isn't really visible after the missile is mounted?

Any thoughts of doing the AIM-9B, Chris? For some reason, I'm finding a need for early model Sidewinders for some of the kits I'm interested in these days.

Beautiful work Chris and Alexander. The articles are crafted to perfection and the casting is peerless.

A remarkable creation worth every cent.

Thanks Guy! :wacko:

I'm happy to hear that you like them!

I hope you find something to hang them on soon!

They look great as always. I'm a little confused about the umbilical, though. I see it on unmounted missiles, but I can't see how it goes on the rail.

I'm guessing it connects to something inside the rail and isn't really visible after the missile is mounted?

Any thoughts of doing the AIM-9B, Chris?

Thank Dave :wacko:

Unfortunately I don't have any good pics showing the pylons without missiles mounted, but yes, the umbilicals fit into a pocket on the rail with an internal electrical connetor.

Yes, the B is also on the list...

Just need to find more time or other talented hands to make them for me...

:blink:

• 1 month later...