111th FW Photo Tribute Website

The 111th FW, PA Air National Guard, is losing it's A-10s and it's flying mission this June. I've been following the wing ever since I moved 3 miles south of NAS JRB Willow Grove about 4 years ago now. Finally, I was able to pull together a lot of my photos/videos and make a sort of tribute webpage for them. I'm still going to update it in the next month with the final flights they are taking and some more misc. things I will put up. I've met a lot of great people in the unit and I'll be sad to see them go. Nothing like having Hogs flying over your house 5 days a week. Anyways......enjoy.

Philly Hogs

103.jpg

very nice work and tribute Brian.

Is there a follow-on mission for the 111th?

Thank for taking a look and the kind words guys.

Ken, if you could believe it, from what I heard they JUST got their new mission (yeah, about a month till A-10 ops are finished) and it does not include flying. I feel bad for the men and women there, the Air Force just strung them along until now....no one had a clue, but there were rumors all over the place. Guys had to figure out what to do, move and still fly/work on A-10s or another aircraft, or stay and see and retrain. Just a crappy situation all around. And I'm not even in the unit!!! Oh well.

Man that is a great site, some really excellent pics.

Are the A-10's going somewhere else or being retired? also what are the guys there going to be doing if they get a non flying role?

Julien

Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it. I'm slow to getting the updates on, but I should have some soon of some of the Fini-Flights and some last range stuff as well.

As far as where they are going.....The last few A-10s they have (only 5 left right now) are all going to get upgraded and then to various units. Already some of them have shown up in Spangdalhem markings. I believe these last 5 will be going to Ft. Wayne, as they have already received one A-10 (from Moody I think) for training purposes and are receiving more this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

So that's it. The 111th had their Final Flight ceremony this past weekend. Can't believe it. Very hard to watch. It was a nice ceremony overall, despite the fact that it's a celebration of the end of something. Going to be putting up a lot more on my website in the upcoming weeks, as I have a lot from the last several weeks now of flight ops and events. Congratulations to all the men and women of the 111th FW.

DSC02673.jpg

DSC02736.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

• 1 month later...