Patrick / Holmes:

Thank you.

I got the replacement decals from Bill and I will hopefully have this project completed by mid week. All other CanMilAir decals are in place and I applied a layer of decal film to the replacements not long ago. I work midnights Monday and Tuesday so it may be later in the week but we'll see. Once I finish this, it's on to my Missile With a Man GB entry.

So many models. So little time.

Mike

The build is done. I've sent photos to Bill at CanMilAir for his perusal. Without any further ado, Canadair Sabre 2, s/n 19365, 421 Sqn, RCAF, Grostenquin, France, May / Early June 1953...version 2.

Thank you all for your comments, criticisms. help and support. I appreciate it.

Mike

Left Front View

DSC_0015-4.jpg

Canopy Script

DSC_0016-2.jpg

Left Front View #2

DSC_0017.jpg

Right Front View

DSC_0018.jpg

Front View

DSC_0019.jpg

Top View

DSC_0020.jpg

Mike

:rolleyes:

Words fail me, my friend!

Super clean job on the fit and finish. <_<

Wonderful paint job.

Excellent realism with the decals.

Add the inherent beauty of the Sabre as a subject, and mix it with the sentiment behind AX 365, and you leave me speechless.

Well done.

:blink:

ALF

ALF,

Thank you for the kind words my friend. As you can well relate, there's a bit of extra incentive to do it better when there's a personal connection to the subject you're building - like your Tiger Meet CF-104. I appreciate your thoughts.

camophilip,

While the kit isn't without its issues, as you can see by my, phantom's geedubelyer's and dmthamade's builds, it builds up to a nice kit. Good luck should you bring it into your inventory.

Mike

Edited by AX 365
The build is done. I've sent photos to Bill at CanMilAir for his perusal. Without any further ado, Canadair Sabre 2, s/n 19365, 421 Sqn, RCAF, Grostenquin, France, May / Early June 1953...version 2.

Thank you all for your comments, criticisms. help and support. I appreciate it.

Mike

Left Front View

DSC_0015-4.jpg

Canopy Script

DSC_0016-2.jpg

Left Front View #2

DSC_0017.jpg

Right Front View

DSC_0018.jpg

Front View

DSC_0019.jpg

Top View

DSC_0020.jpg

It has THE WOW factor...

STUNNING...AWESOME...SUPERB...AND...

SO SEXY..... :crying2::explode: :wub: :wub:

Patrick, Emil, Barney and geedubelyer:

Thanks very much for your feedback. I really do appreciate it. The results were well worth the effort.

You're a lucky man to have experienced what were the RCAF's heydays in Europe Barney. My mom always said I was born 25 years too late. That would have put me in my early 20's in the earl 50's. I appreciate the sacrifices that the pilots and staff of the Air Division and Canadian Air Group made for us. The RCAF Cemetry at Choloy was a very sobering reminder that those days were not all fun and games; there were very real dangers associated to what those brave young men and women were doing. As I've told some of the Sabre and other RCAF pilots I've met, in some ways I live vicariously through them. Chatting with these veterans is a great way for me to ensure that they know their efforts were not made in vain.

Cheers.

Mike

Edited by AX 365
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...