Finished! Revell 1/72 Stearman PT-13 Kaydet

Greetings,

I hope I can join the build with this one. The 1966 vintage Revell 1/72 Boeing/Stearman PT-13 Kaydet. Picked the kit up from "evil Bay." Unfortunatley, it was missing a horizontal stabilizer. I didn't think I could match the original one well enough so I decided to build two out of plastic stock. So far I have assembled three kit parts (fuselage halves and lower wing) and the scratch built stabilizers. I will make new cabane struts (one of them is missing too) and upgrade the cockpit. Going to get some .005" (11mm) fishing line for the rigging.

I hope to build it in the colorful yellow and blue Army Air Corps markings. Clicky

;)

IMG_0177.JPG

Edited by Ham
  • 2 months later...

Well, I've cleared my work bench of everything except my trainer group build models. Have them primed and just about ready for paint. Just a little more prep work on areas that need a bit more attention with Mr. Surfacer.

001.JPG

Greetings,

I hope I can join the build with this one. The 1966 vintage Revell 1/72 Boeing/Stearman PT-13 Kaydet. Picked the kit up from "evil Bay." Unfortunatley, it was missing a horizontal stabilizer. I didn't think I could match the original one well enough so I decided to build two out of plastic stock. So far I have assembled three kit parts (fuselage halves and lower wing) and the scratch built stabilizers. I will make new cabane struts (one of them is missing too) and upgrade the cockpit. Going to get some .005" (11mm) fishing line for the rigging.

I hope to build it in the colorful yellow and blue Army Air Corps markings. Clicky

:cheers:

IMG_0177.JPG

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow a classic kit! how old was that? I guess will turn out pretty good!

Let_models :)

• 1 month later...

Holy spider webs Batman...my model is growing strings! I have started adding the rigging out of nylong fishing line. Hope to finish it this weekend if they SWMBO doesn't keep me too busy.

stearman01.JPG

Finished! This one is dedicated to my late father, Major Steven W. Hockett, USAF (Ret) who joined the Army Air Corps in 1939 as a buck private and was accepted to the Aviation Cadets in in 1940. He told me he flew the PT-13 for primary training (not sure the location, but think it might have been Falcon Field, Arizona (Luke Field auxiliary). He also flew the BT-13 Vultee Vibrator in basic training at Moffett Field, California and the AT-6A in advanced training at Luke Field. He went on to fly most of the Army Air Force fighters during WWII and some of the early jets. He also did a combat tour on Guadalcanal as part of the Solomons Islands campaign. :pray:

stearman02.JPG

stearman03.JPG

• 2 years later...

Finished! This one is dedicated to my late father, Major Steven W. Hockett, USAF (Ret) who joined the Army Air Corps in 1939 as a buck private and was accepted to the Aviation Cadets in in 1940. He told me he flew the PT-13 for primary training (not sure the location, but think it might have been Falcon Field, Arizona (Luke Field auxiliary). He also flew the BT-13 Vultee Vibrator in basic training at Moffett Field, California and the AT-6A in advanced training at Luke Field. He went on to fly most of the Army Air Force fighters during WWII and some of the early jets. He also did a combat tour on Guadalcanal as part of the Solomons Islands campaign. :pray:

stearman02.JPG

stearman03.JPG

Great tribute Sir..AWESOME BUILD :worship: :worship: