C-119L 130th SOS West Virginia ANG

This is the lovely Italeri C-119G kit built as a C-119L of the West Virginia ANG using the decals from Wolfpak set 72-006.

The kit props were replaced by Aeroclub set P022 (2 x 1/72 HAMILTON STD HYDRO 3BLD 14' DIA LH) which I thought would be a close match although a foot shorter in diameter (The Wolfpak instructions suggest using the props from a Heller C-121 or an AC-119K but I didn't have access to any of these).

The real aircraft also apparently had some kind of shielding on the exhausts but I couldn't make out any detail in the two published photos I've seen.

IMGP0012.jpg

IMGP0009.jpg

IMGP0010.jpg

IMGP0007.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

IMGP0005.jpg

Cheers,

Haydn.

How is the kit?

Take care,

Austin

Hi Austin - it's a really nice kit to build, no major fit problems. Gotta get a Gunship next !

Very nic aircraft. Try to do something with photos probably you have automatic or artificial White Balance you should change it into natural WB or full sun WB, colors will not be so blueish.

The young lady who loaned me the camera did ask me why I hadn't listened to a word she had said about setting up the camera. My only defense is a natural tendency to stupdity.

Thanks for the advice Marcin !

Cheers,

Haydn.

Very cool looking aircraft Haydn - takes me back to my Italeri AC-119K (maybe?) when you displayed it on the SIG stand all those years ago.......(it was shot down in '98 by SWMBO in a dust-off mission with all pieces lost!)

Cheers

Gaz

Edited by gaz262
Hi Austin - it's a really nice kit to build, no major fit problems. Gotta get a Gunship next !

Cool. Some Italeri kits seem to fall together while others fall apart...lol

I've had thoughts about doing a gunship version, with the SEA camo over black...

Take care,

Austin

Wow that's great Patrick :thumbsup: That's how it really looks !

I intend to take some more pictures when I get the chance - I got too much stick for just 'point & click' !

Cheers,

Haydn.

• 7 years later...

Very nice kit!  Actually, all of the Testors/Italeri C-119 kits (including the AC-119K) only come with the Aeroproducts 4-blade prop. I see you were able to use Aeroclub P022 HS 3 blade 14' props. Looks very good.  I purchased Veteran Models Hamilton Standard 3 blade props from eBay a few years ago for my Jordanian C-119K project (with jet pods). Haven't seen it since. Unfortunately, I sold the kit and props to someone who wanted to build a true AC-119K Stinger, so I can't comment on the accuracy or fit of the props.