1/72 M1126 Stryker

Dont know if you want to replicate this detail but here it is. The 2 wedge shapes sticking up from the long rectangular vent next to the drivers hatch. Those are actually open hand holds. I replaced them on the academy one using stretched sprue. Dont know if you want to risk popping something off to get at them now though.

Edited by HWR MKII

Hey guys,

some progress. I added the slat armor and started the blast shields. There are a few more details I need to add, and then hopefully the stowage set will come fairly soon so I can get this thing painted and done with!

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

Take care,

Austin

Thanks! I've gotten bitten with the building bug so I'm really working quickly on some other stuff...lol IDK, building the blast shield has been pretty tedious, and isn't too interesting right now, and I'm not going to rush it because haste makes waste... plus I'm waiting for stowage which is on its way from CZ, so it'll be a while...lol

So in the mean time, aka on monday, I built this:

a001.jpg

and on Tuesday, I started work on an AH-6J...

002.jpg

006.jpg

plus, I've been playing around with some figures, choppin them up and switching them around and all that good stuff...

c001.jpg

And they going to be painted up in multicam and joining these guys for a nice little future vignette/diorama....

009.jpg

Anyways, thats my update...lol... if that counts...

But if I might add, the stryker could be in a diorama if this all works out...

Take care,

Austin

The academy stryker was a really quick build. The only complaint I have is the wheels. It's nice to be able to turn the front wheels though, which would be nice to do on the trumpeter stryker, and who knows, I still might be able to. I was playing around with washes and such, and well, I don't really like how it turned out, but oh well, I know what not to do on the trumpeter stryker. I recently repainted a bradley too, and that wash turned out 1000000x better. I'll try and get more pics up soon.

a007.jpg

a006.jpg

:whistle:

t003.jpg

Take care,

Austin

Edited by arkhunter2002

Aight, well I just had time to take pics so I did :)

031.jpg

032.jpg

This is my practice, weathering wise. So far, its just had a vallejo wash roughly 50-50 buff/iraqi sand. As you can see, it's not perfect, and the tracks & ERA blocks still need to be weathered, and then I'll probably do some over spray with buff to fade it more...

008.jpg

007.jpg

Take care,

Austin

Modern 1/72 prieser figures

Modern 1/72 caeser miniatures

They are caeser figures from the set "Modern US Elite Forces" the type of plastic they use to mold them holds paint fairly well, however, they way they are molded fills some gaps between arm/weapon and chest or what not, but that can be cleaned out with a x-acto knife. I also switched out the weapons with OKB grigorov PE weapons. They are hard to find. I ordered them from Tracks n troops. It wasn't necessary to do that, however, I wanted experience with the PE weapons in order to compare to plastic and resin weapons in this scale. Check out caeser miniatures though, they do have some pretty good sets...

HTH,

Austin

• 1 month later...

Okay, so the package came in when I was in Arizona, so I picked it up at the post office today. I added a few things from the Blackdog stowage set (the tire and part of the rear stowage) and then some jerry cans/duffel bag from Goffy, and a box of water from Real Model.

Now I can call it 100% complete and be very happy with it. If I one day feel adventurous, I'd probably add some garbage strewn in the street, and a poster or two along with the graffiti.

067.jpg

063.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

Take care,

Austin

I'll hopefully take more pics to post in the display case tomorrow. Thanks for looking! And see you all for my next diorama (man, these are addicting :D )

• 1 month later...