Missing Sprues from Kinetic F-16E Kits...

Hey everyone,

If you recently purchased Kinetic's F-16E kit, be sure to check you received a "U" sprue. Seems kits as far as California, USA to Australia are missing these parts. Pretty big glitch from Kinetic on this! My local hobby shop was unable to get a replacement sprue so I finally had to just return the kit. Kinda hard to do an E without these parts. :wave:

If you have the kit and are missing this sprue, I'd be curious to hear.

Aaron

Edited by puffer

This is distressing news. When the Kinetic E-2 came out it had missing parts, some broken parts in a few kits and some were missing decals and instructions. The good news is that Kinetic and Raymond Chung seemed pretty helpful in resolving these issues, the distressing aspect is that this has now affected at least two separate kit releases. I surely hope they fix the problems before they issue the EA-6B.

OMG, I just got one today and that U sprue is missing! I was distracted by the diagram showing a B sprue but the box had the A sprue.

Gad, and my LHS has a no-return, no exchange policy.

:crying2:

BT6

Dear All,

For any parts replacement, you can email to info@kineticmodel.com stating the kit/part #, your parts will be mailed to you.

A new parts replacement services system will be deployed soon to have the direct support to consumer.

Sounds good, Mr. Chung...but what about shipping and handling costs? Do I have to pay for such?

Obviously I'm not Mr. Chung, but from what I've seen and heard, they send the parts to you at their expense.

OMG, I just got one today and that U sprue is missing! I was distracted by the diagram showing a B sprue but the box had the A sprue.

:whistle:

BT6

I would find a new hobby shop in that case, that's disgraceful.

:whistle:

BT6

A reason not to buy anything from them.

In Australia that isn't legal

A reason not to buy anything from them.

In Australia that isn't legal

If a product has a flaw or missing part, is it the retailers fault? Wouldn't you go to the mfr to seek recourse after all it is their fault. If you hold the retailer responsible, then you are forcing the retailer to inspect and certify each and every product they sell. If that were the case then prices would have to increase significantly as they would have to facilitate the process.

Since Mr Chung is the owner of both Lucky Model and Kinetic Models, he wears two hats...that of a retailer and as a manufacturer.

Also retailers don't have the same recourse for returns, credits or replacement of defective/missing items as they once did. The system has changed to remove that from the processes as product quality has increased (in most durable goods) and Just In Time delivery has removed the need to stock excess. The margins have also narrowed so, the retailer doesn't have the luxury of taking a kit off the shelf to satisfy a customer...by doing so in most cases they have just tossed away any profitability on both.

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart has created this phenomenon of "We take anything back if you aren't satisfied." even if it was an impulse purchase, you used it anyone just once then decided to return it.