I've just started cutting off main parts and checkin' how fit them together.

IMG_7163.JPG

There is some fit issues especially between fusalage and engine cowlings. That's so strange since I didn't find it on the bubbletop version. Also I noticed a few flash on wingroots & leading edges but to fix these faults piece of cake.

Certainly it will be a quick construction. Basically I like the surface of parts and the most important fact is I love the Olive Drab painted aircraft :salute:

IMG_7162.JPG

Edited by Richard Kiss

I assmebled the main parts, filled the gaps with Flash glue then sanded & polished.

After that I put the cockpit on it's place. The windscreen fitted pritty bad. Then masked and prepared for painting job.

IMG_7212.JPG

first of all I preshaded the panel lines used a simple matt black.

then mixed paled Olive Drab using the Gunze H52 and a few drops of grey. Also I mixed a whitey Neutral Grey from Gunze H53 plus a little white.

Then applied these base colours on my model.

IMG_7229.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

Now I'm preparing for the first part of weathering phase so I'm mixing 3 or 4 shades of both base colours.

to be continued...

Edited by Richard Kiss
  • 3 weeks later...

Great looking P-47 Richard. I do like a weathered OD finish, doing an RAAF P-40 in similar colours and comes up really beaut. OD lends itself so well to shading finishes. Look forward to the finished product.

• 1 month later...