New Robin Hood movie.....

Ok I just saw a trailer for Russell Crowe's new Robin Hood and did I see things right and see Norman horsemen storming off of Higgens Boats in 1066?

Discuss?

Especially at 2:18 in this trailer!

Edited by Matt Roberts

Yep, that is what you see. Possibly one of those deals were footage is used from another movie then digitally mastered to save money.

Edited by Wayne S

Surely they researched it extensively and found some historical drawings and schematics in order to be totally accurate right? I mean don't tell me hollywood might make up something like that just to have a movie look cool? Please say it ain't so...!

Bill

ahhh! So no expense was spared! EVERYBODY knows that the real footage of Japanese zeros shows them flying waaaaay too slow because of old film technology. They actually did fly mach 7 just like in Pearl Harbor. It was even more accurate than the real thing!

Seriously though, I think I do want to see this Robin Hood though. May not be accurate but it looks like it will be good! Best of all, no Kevin Costner!

Bill

I watched another commercial on TV and I'd swear the Pvt Ryan scene with the bullets under water was there - with arrows...

I am glad to get this out before seeing the movie...Steph would kill me if I broke out laughing in the theatre.

OMG...I've watched that trailer a couple of times without noticing - now it's all I can see. At least there's no barrage balloons...

I suppose it wasn't exciting enough for the Normans to lead their horses down gangplanks then form up on the beach. *sigh*

Ah, my favorite version will always be "Robin and Marian" with Sean Connery, Audrey Hepburn, Robert Shaw, and Nicol Williamson. It can't be beat in my mind! Any new version is just bells and whistles. Computer generated probably, but just bells and whistles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_and_Marian

Mark

For my money, you just can't been Errol Flynn, Olivia DeHaviland, Claude Rains, Basil Rathbone and that great Warner Bros. company of players. Eric Woflgang Korngold's score doesn't hurt, either. All the special effects, fast lenses and natural light, surround sound, or even Higgins boats with oars cannot top an old-fashioned swashbuckler from the great days of the studios.

Bruce

I also prefer the Errol Flynn movie - Basil Rathbone was by far the best Sherriff.

Sorry, Darius, Basil Rathbone played Sir Guy of Gisbourne. Melville Cooper was the Sherriff of Nottingham.

Did you know that Jimmy Cagney was originally considered to play Robin Hood?

For my money, you just can't been Errol Flynn, Olivia DeHaviland, Claude Rains, Basil Rathbone and that great Warner Bros. company of players. Eric Woflgang Korngold's score doesn't hurt, either. All the special effects, fast lenses and natural light, surround sound, or even Higgins boats with oars cannot top an old-fashioned swashbuckler from the great days of the studios.

Bruce

Quoted for TRUTH!

Sorry, Darius, Basil Rathbone played Sir Guy of Gisbourne. Melville Cooper was the Sherriff of Nottingham.

Did you know that Jimmy Cagney was originally considered to play Robin Hood?

I just can't picture Cagney in that role.

Yeah, it's pretty tough to beat the Errol Flynn movie. He made some great films, but this is my favorite and I think his best film.

That being said, Riddley Scott films are usually very good. I'll hold my thoughts on this film until I see it. Russel Crowe has mad some excellent films as well. My favorite was Master and Commander. I'll give this film a chance.

My favorite Riddley Scott film was the "Duelists" with Keith Carridine and Harvey Keitel. Excellent film!

just ssen the trailer... hmmm yes higgins boats... also noticed Scott Grimes playing Will Scarlett - he was Sgt <alarkey in Band of Brothers (also played Dr Morris in ER).... but hey - its Holywood England - only place you can get from Dover to Northumberland by horse in an afternoon(Robin Hood: Prince of Theives)..... am suprised Dick van Dyke isnt playing some cheerful cockney.....