Sad Day for us 1/72 guys....

Modern Hobbies is closing temporarily. No time frame just states that hes had some family stuff going on. Too bad. I needed a few things from them. I hope they wont be down for too long and hopefully the new products will come with the re-opening....

Sad to hear!

However, changing overseas shipping to 30$ flat rate boxes pretty much killed any interest in ordering anyway. :(

Too bad . I was waiting for his GBU-31's as I need quite some of those and his work is of higher quality than many of the alternatives .

His new shipping rules are indeed a bad measure for us in the EU . I waited longer and ordered more items which makes my package got spotted by customs ...

Stef

Dr Pepper's shipping prices are very, very reasonable. :thumbsup:

I can understand Modern Hobbies going the route of flat rate boxes, as it drastically cuts down on calculating time and cost, but I won't pay that much for shipping.

• 1 year later...

Not temporarily closed - PERMANENTLY closed. He's shut up shop to concentrate on other things.

I did speak to Mark Bilas at Spectre Resin about him picking up Greg's (MH) range, but nothing ever came of it unfortunately ...

Gents:

I haven't contacted the owner of Modern Hobbies. If he or someone would give me his e-mail address I'll see what if any of the subjects I can add to my line. There are just so many hours in a day.

My goal this year is to qualify a new caster and get many of my products back in stock. Think I have found the gent and now need to build inventory.

With the introduction of new injection molded weapons kits by both Hasegawa and Skunkworks Models it has become a bit dicey for a resin producer. If either firm announces a new kit which includes a resin piece you are producing the value of the resin product goes to zero and you are stuck with the cost of the master and the unsold inventory. I am planning to introduce new kits this year as soon as my caster is 100% up and running but plan to be judicious in what I design and manufacture.

Mark

Spectre Resins