Revell rereleasing the 1/48 CH53D

I know it's old and lotech but it looks like Revell/Mono is rereleasing the 1/48 CH53D. For about $15 a pop I think I'll get a couple of them Maybe someone like MAW Decals will do it some justice.

You can get decals from MAW already...a grey CH-53D, you find it on the "heavy haulers" sheet.

Still missa three tone camo Marines version, a USAF Version ...As far as I know there are decals for an israeli version.

But what about a nicely detailed resin rotorhead??? And seats? instruments (maybe PE parts), interior???

I m sure the sprues contain the tanks, the jeep, and the gun again (like all release before did since the first release in the 80ies). I hope the updated sprues of the G/GS version will be included (corrected tanks and the stuff for the GS version of the Heeresflieger).

*home of 6 CH-53* still boxed

I know it's old and lotech but it looks like Revell/Mono is rereleasing the 1/48 CH53D. For about $15 a pop I think I'll get a couple of them Maybe someone like MAW Decals will do it some justice.

How did you find out? How can I confirm? If so....I LOVE that model! I'll get a few (more...)

Paul

Cool, I will probably pick up another one! :thumbsup: Should probably build one at some point...

Let's see, I want to do a Pave Low, YN13 - a CH-53A, a current D, and an desert camo grey and tan 462 D. So three more should do.

mason

Tower Hobbies is the retail subsidiary of Hobbico, the owners of Revell-Monogram.

Just wondering...is Great Models connected with R-M? How'd they know so quickly? They even have a pic...

Paul

So how does the Revell CH-53 kit compare to the Academy CH-53 kit? Which one is a better quality kit, i.e. detail, options, markings, etc? I was going to purchase the Academy kit but now i might hold off and do some more research first on the Revell kit.

If you guys could post some info that would be great.

Brian

The Revell kit is fairly old and not as detailed as the Academy kits. However, they are two quite different models of CH-53. The Revell kit is the original two engine version with the 6 bladed main rotor and small tail. The Academy kit is the 3-engined version with the 7 bladed rotor and larger tail.

The Revell kit is fairly old and not as detailed as the Academy kits. However, they are two quite different models of CH-53. The Revell kit is the original two engine version with the 6 bladed main rotor and small tail. The Academy kit is the 3-engined version with the 7 bladed rotor and larger tail.

Yep...I've got them all. Very different CH-53's but both great models. I will say that the Revell offering has rivets though!!!! Thats a great plus for that kit.

Paul

Yep...I've got them all. Very different CH-53's but both great models. I will say that the Revell offering has rivets though!!!! Thats a great plus for that kit.

Paul

Yea, I wish Academy would put the rivets on their choppers. That was a major disappointment for me with their CH-46 (KV-107-II) and why I don't yet own the MH-53 (that and the price tag).

Hobbico or Great Planes?

Or are they one in the same now too?

HOBBICO is the parent company of Great Planes, Tower Hobbies, Revell and RevellAG from what I have been able to ascertain.

Edited by RCoulter52