New 1/72 Mirage IIIE/O & later plastic kit !!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Chris just allowed me to post some pics of the test-shots sprues as well as some models I built from these first sets.

As explained on the pics, these are test-shots, meaning there some errors; missing details etcñ€©all this will be corrected.

The panel lines are a bit heavy and will be reduced a bit.

Please, note that PJ production will add some resin bits in its boxings.

My models have been done with the two first test-shot runs. The tools are currently being updated and a third run should be happening soon. We all hope it will be the last one and the kit be sold very quickly.

The quality of my assemblies is not great as I did this builds in order to check for the fit, details, different way to built the beast etcñ€©and quickly report my comments to Chris and Steve.

The sprues:

img6723s01m.jpg

img6719s01m.jpg

img6713m.jpg

img6716s01m.jpg

img6670s01m.jpg

img6722s01m.jpg

Some assembly :

img6752s01.jpg

img6754sm.jpg

See next post...

Following from the earlier post...

Mirage IIIE

dscn2214s01m.jpg

dscn2222s01m.jpg

dscn2211sm.jpg

img6847sm.jpg

Nesher

dscn2209s01m.jpg

dscn2217s01m.jpg

dscn2218s01m.jpg

Cheetah E, a long nose from Sout-Africa :

dscn2213s01m.jpg

dscn2208s01m.jpg

dscn2212s01m.jpg

Sure that some of you uys will turn up at Telford, so don’t forget to say Hello to Philippe from PJ production and Chris who will be there too with some sprues !

Michel

Edited by michelaustralia

Modern 1/72 Mirage IIIE & later kits finally !

Summary of Michel's answers to accuracy questions asked on Master194:

- the seat came from the first test-shot; what we'll get will be better

- the canards of the Pantera/Cheetah E nosed build came from the old HPM tooling as the newly tooled canards were of the wrong size; refuelling probe will be in white metal or resin

I've noticed some shape issues but since the moulds are not definitive, I don't want to mention them in public.

I also would definitely like to see a Kfir! These are great, and I will probably buy at least the Pantera, but a Kfir C7 (and a C10!) kit would get multiple purchases from me.

Ohhh YES ... and hopefully a later Cheetah + radar ... and even more a Kfir !

Spent a while talking to the gent at Telford this weekend who had the test shots on show (Chris?). His enthusiasm for the product was infectious. The test shots were just that - test shots that need a degree of work yet (abel lines etc.) but some of the detail already showing was remarkable - for done piece injection moulding the nose gear bay is stunning! With some careful paintwork it will look amazing. Clear parts are really clear (and included a one piece windshield AND twin seater canopy!) Breakdown looked logical and it seems an easy build. He told me that when finished the surface detail will be a but heavier than the existing limited run but he's working on making it as sharp as possible - in that sense I thought of Tamiya's surface detail, which is actually quite deep, but exceptionally sharp - this is a standard that if the kit even gets close, will be very acceptable in my book!

It was a real pleasure to talk with him, and I'm increasingly excited about the potential of this model!

Edited by Dmanton300
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic news.I NEED these models!

Yeah me too but how many ? 27.23€ P&P excluded in HPM Hobbies. Price would more or less reasonable if it will be an all-in-one kit but if aftermarket will be "required"...tumble.gif

Edited by Laurent

Quite a price indeed for a single engined jet. So me is hoping for a nicely detailed cockpit, gear bays and exhaust to be included. Anyhow, I have AML's Mirage IIIC which is going to be quite a job to get that finished, so I'm looking forward to this kit.

It also doesn't make it easier to me, being a Belgian, which makes that at least one of all 3 types operated by Belgium is on the to do list. Together with the fact that I realy love the double seaters and the Kfir line...

Can't wait :)

Greetings

You're right Laurent,but I paid the AML kits the same amount ( without the P&P ) only to discover an Herculean fatigue to build ther and with the added result ( for my mistake of course ) that my NMF bird is ready for the trash...

But I've some goodies for the Mirage family , for Bad Edd courtesy, and I need at least a two seater ( in the future ,I hope! ) ,a Dagger,a Nesher and a IIIO to convert to CJ to replace the overmentioned AML disaster as a SDW plane.

Surely you are right about the high unit price, but I'm probably a little crazy ( I just bought, among other things, the Azur Vautour )!!!! :woot.gif:

:wave:

Gianni

Yeah, the Euro really tanked due to circumstances which go under the "no politics" banner...

Well, If they reach Singapore by mid-March, maybe it'll be ok - depending on how fast the Singapore post is :) Or, alternatively, if you have a shop at Singapore Changi international zone so I can buy it while I'm de- planed for a technical stop ;)