How do you get jet fuel smell out of clothes?

• 2 weeks later...

If your local Sam's Club stocks this product, it has worked for me in the past...Odo-Ban, it comes in 1-gallon jugs, it's around $8.5 to $10 a gallon (fluctuates), and they include a spray bottle of diluted stuff for general household cleaning.....it is liquid gold. Look for it in the heavy-duty cleaning aisle. Put about 6 oz. of the concentrate in with your laundry detergent, that should do it.

We've used it for urine odors (people, cat & dog), as well as removing gasoline and diesel fuel from hands and clothing. A guy I work with had a skunk IN his house, I bought him a gallon and it took care of ALL of his family's clothing (they spent 2 days at the laundromat).

Up-date: I passed on the suggestions from this thread to my niece. She and her husband now swear by the can-of-Coke-in-the-wash method. Thanks for the help! The world is a better-smelling place because of it. :jaw-dropping:

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Working as an Airport Firefighter when we do our FAA required pit fires my gear always has a jet fuel odor even after washing (We walk into the burning pit with hoselines). The smell does eventually go away.

Mike