It doesn't really show in the picture but the wings look slightly less "HawkerTyphoonesque"

:woot.gif: "HawkerW*H*U*T???!!!," Monsieur Laurent? Yeh, yer picture doesn't really show whut ya mean; it actually looks a lot déjà vu. Would ya care to take a photo of the subject in question, please mate? How is yer build goin' like?

Cheers,

Unc²

:thumbsup: "HawkerW*H*U*T???!!!," Monsieur Laurent?

Doesn't this have a thicker wing than this ?

Yeh, yer picture doesn't really show whut ya mean; it actually looks a lot déjà vu.

If you want to do before-after comparaisons, the photographs must be taken from the same angle. The area to look at is the wing / wing glove junction area. I'll see if I still have a better "before" photograph.

How is yer build goin' like?

Slow. I wasn't in a modeling mood for several days. I'm painting the cockpit.

italeriSu22m4hardlyFinishedCockpit.jpg

Nice progress, Laurent!

If I think about this kit, one thing and one thing only comes to my mind: everything is thick as hell! It's a nice kit in a way and goes together rather easily, but they should've save on styrene...

Doesn't this have a thicker wing than this ?

:blink: Sacre coeur...!!! Yeh, indeed! By far thicker, mate. Me's ne'er liked the Typhoon anyways; with that chin radiator which looked as though the plane itself were awfully puzzled, mouth wide opened... :rolleyes: like an A-7 Corsair/F-8 Crusader's döppleganger in future time.

If you want to do before-after comparaisons, the photographs must be taken from the same angle. The area to look at is the wing / wing glove junction area. I'll see if I still have a better "before" photograph.

Oh? Awlrighty then, Monsieur L.; me'll gladly wait for yer photos.

Slow. I wasn't in a modeling mood for several days. I'm painting the cockpit.

Aw, whut's been happenin' to ya, bud? Is it because of that Raymond Domenech bloke? :P Build's lookin' awesome, my French mate! :thumbsup: (have) ya seen Leszek Szopieray's 1/72nd scale Su-22M4 on today's ARC home page? It looks somebody in high Heaven intends for ya to get some motivation to go on with yer build.

Cheer up, mon ami...!!!

Unc²

• 2 weeks later...

Cockpit painting finished. I have to glue the stick, the ejection handles (Extratech) on the seat, the HUD glass then I'll be able to continue the real stuff (gluing the canopy, adding plastic, puttying, sanding).

italeriSu22m4lcockpiCloseToBeFinished1.jpg

italeriSu22m4lcockpiCloseToBeFinished2.jpg

italeriSu22m4lcockpiCloseToBeFinished3.jpg

Edited by Laurent

Looking good so far, Laurent; I wish you good luck in integrating the canopy/fuselage assembly into the main fuselage. I hope that job doesn't require a lot of putty! :thumbsup:

Looking good so far, Laurent; I wish you good luck in integrating the canopy/fuselage assembly into the main fuselage. I hope that job doesn't require a lot of putty! :crying2:

It will. It will require multi step gluing also and plastic strips to fill up gaps.

Edited by Laurent
It is looking magnifique... :thumbsup:

Not any longer. It's covered with plastic card and putty.

The Italeri spine doesn't look right to me. When going from the canopy to the fin, the spine slopes down too fast. The Su-17/22 has a hunchback look, the Italeri model doesn't so I had to try to improve the situation.

italeriSu22m4humped1.jpg

italeriSu22m4humped2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3220 views of this topic. Yikes !

I'm still in the...

while (model.looksGood() == false) {

model.putty();

model.sand();

model.rescribe();

}

... loop. Sorry :thumbsup:

italeriSu22m4longInTooth1.jpg

italeriSu22m4longInTooth2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rescribing heterogenous surfaces (kit PS, plastic card PS, putty, vacuformed part plastic) suck. Having something even and regular scribing is a real pain. I'm stuck here.

Edited by Laurent
  • 3 weeks later...

The vacform canopy integration wasn't very motivating and I've been very slow. Getting married and taking two-weeks vacations with the wife and kids didn't improve anything. Now that the canopy integration is almost done, I can resume the build: use microtube for the canons, perhaps detail the wheel wells a bit and... thin down something else.

As the wings the fin is thick. I thought I could live with it but no. The fuselage halves are still glued but you can see I've managed to remove plastic on the leading edge and I'll reglue the fin this evening.

italeriSu22m4pavlaCanopyIntegration.jpg

italeriSu22m4finLeadingEdge.jpg

Edited by Laurent

Mate! Yer Sukhoi samolot is comin' along awesome! Very nice...

Getting married and taking two-weeks vacations with the wife and kids didn't improve anything.

:thumbsup:Whuuuuuut...??? A supersonic kinda pregnancy or sumthin'? :sunrevolves:

As the wings the fin is thick. I thought I could live with it but no.

Nah, me neither, Monsieur Laurent! Thank God ya're doin' sumthin' with regard to it.

Cheers, bloke

Unc²

• 2 weeks later...

Landing gear legs drilled and cut so that they can be extended. I fear that the model may rest on its ordnance.

italeriSu22m4drilledLandingGearLegs.jpg

I'm longing for an accuracy-careless relaxing simple build... :whistle:

Edited by Laurent
Is the top leg shorter than lower on purpose or its not glued yet? Nice progress.

Not glued yet. And progress is way too slow. I have to drill the fuselage air scoops. And Equipage resin wheels (yikes ! :cheers: ). And I don't like it. This build isn't fun. I wanna build a OOB Matchbox Hunter or Ju-188. Something simple :unsure:

Edited by Laurent
This build isn't fun. I wanna build a OOB Matchbox Hunter or Ju-188. Something simple :)

Maybe it is time to set it aside? This is supposed to be a fun hobby

Are Academy kits hard to find and/or expensive in France?

I just picked up the French Navy Crusader, and while a well detailed kit, the build promises to be very simple and straightforward