Maybe it is time to set it aside? This is supposed to be a fun hobby

Yes but it's a groupbuild and there's a deadline.

Are Academy kits hard to find and/or expensive in France?

Finding them isn't a problem but I don't buy them here. Fed up paying the distributor.

I just picked up the French Navy Crusader, and while a well detailed kit, the build promises to be very simple and straightforward

I understand but I suffer of a condition: the amount of work that I do on a kit is proportional to my interest in the subject but also to the quality of the kit (engineering and accuracy).

Yesss ! the drill bits I have will work in my dremeloïd ! :D

Looks like you're living in a modelling nightmare... but you'll wake only when the model is finished ;)

I've applied plastic melted with MEK in the gaps. Still some sanding to do. The model will certainly be finished one day.

• 5 weeks later...
I experienced the same kind of problems. Be prepared to do some serious fitting (a shame for a Fitter... sorry :thumbsup: ) with the rudders.

You mean the horizontal stabilizers ? I've glued them. It was just a matter of sanding the edges.

The building process has been in pause mode for more than a month. Not because of difficulties in the building process but because:

- I had to repaint the living room

- I fell off my bicycle while going to work and hurt both hands

- I'm stuck on the PC every evening watching the Leonard Susskind lectures on theorical physics... yup I'm not only interested in military aircrafts

And finally, I don't like the Warsaw Pact era marking decals I have. The model will be finished one day but not for the GB. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Laurent
italeriSu22m4drilledLandingGearLegs.jpg

Where have those metal tubes come from again, Monsieur Laurent...?

- I had to repaint the living room

Well, that's a nice twist to the model paintin' routine, me thinks. Or was the repaintin' of yer sittin' room owin' to have accidentally sprayed some Light Ghost Grey on the walls? ;)

- I fell off my bicycle while going to work and hurt both hands

Hmph... was that made on purpose to prove any of yer Leonard Susskind lectures on theorical physics or was it just an accident? bristow.gif :P

- yup I'm not only interested in military aircrafts

:lol: Aw, yeh... of course that's plain for every one to see... :worship: It's just that anyone would wonder how much impressive yer builds might get to be if ya were INDEED interested in military aircraft.

Cheers, mon ami! Ya hear...??? :cheers:

Unc²

Where have those metal tubes come from again, Monsieur Laurent...?

Not metal tubes. Sewing needles. The tube will be for the guns.

I should be adding parts of the old Eduard sets to the rocket pods and the external fuel tanks... but I'm not doing it

Hmph... was that made on purpose to prove any of yer Leonard Susskind lectures on theorical physics or was it just an accident? bristow.gif:thumbsup:

Why are you into scale modelling ? Because you enjoyed it as a kid. Why am I into studying physics again ? Because I wanted to study physics after high school and I did. However I turned into applied physics so I didn't see things like general relativity or particle physics. Even less string theory of course. I just want to catch up a bit. A weird hobby I agree.

Why are you into scale modelling ? Because you enjoyed it as a kid.

Aw, me is much afraid there's a hulluva LOT more to it than just havin' enjoyed it while I was a toddler, me thinks. :rolleyes: First time I was given some dough at Kindergarten to play with, I rolled it 'n' made a swept-wing airplane outa it. First time I recall havin' eva been asked whut I wanted for a birthday gift, I remember it was a 1/32nd scale Messerschmitt Me 262 I'd seen at a hobby store near school. Very first time I went to an airport to bid farewell to a travellin' relative, it took several beatin' menaces from my parents for me to leave. First time I eva was aboard an aircraft, it took a heavy beatin' from my parents for me to stay cool at my seat. :lol: First time I learnt 'bout our airmen's feat durin' the South Atlantic conflict back in '82, I decided to join the Argentine Air Force Flight School in Córdoba even when I didn't real want to become a military fighter jock. First time I got to be near a Mirage IIIEA displayed at a museum, I kissed 'n' caressed it like I ne'er kissed or caressed a sheila! :rofl:

Bloke, I breathe aircraft; I sweat aircraft 'n' I bleed aircraft. :wub: Modellin' it's nearly an illness to moi. ;)