Eduard 1:48 flaps for tamyia Spitfire mk1

Hey guys i was just wandering if anyone has had any experience with fitting these flaps??? As i'm deciding weather its worth given em a crack for my up and coming project. Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards Rodney

Hey guys i was just wandering if anyone has had any experience with fitting these flaps??? As i'm deciding weather its worth given em a crack for my up and coming project. Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards Rodney

Spitfire pilot were fined for leaving the flaps down, as it blocked the radiator causing engine overheating. So Spitfire flaps are rarely depicted in the down position. That being said, I have never used the Eduard flaps for the Spitfire, but I have used other Eduard flaps sets with varying degrees of success.

Regards Rodney

Rodney,

Here is a link to a build right here on ARC. The fellow described installing the Eduard set as "a complete nightmare." It might be worthwhile contacting him to see what about the set was a complete nightmare. Maybe it was fit, maybe it was the number of little ribs. Worth asking I think before you start cutting plastic.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal7...-Rowson/00.shtm

Tom

I have found no trouble at all. The only complication is producing the tiny holes for those small actuator covers. You also should be careful with fitting of the axis so it would match the sockets in the wing part. I wasn't and almost missed it. Almost - the fit is still there.

Mine are not mounted yet but if You cared to have a look, here You'll finde some shots.

http://www.modelarstworedukcyjne.pl/index....y&Itemid=77

Open flaps was not a common situation, yet it was possible to place them like that. And You could see them down on everyday check before flight maintenace routine. Just do not forget it was two position machanism. Full up, or full down were the only options.

Edited by greatgonzo