I pray for them everyday and night, Frank. But, I still can't help but think of the words of Charlie Daniels.....

'As far as I'm concerned, there ain't no excuse, for the rapin' and the killin' and the child abuse but, I gotta way to put an end to all that mess. Let's just take them rascals out in the swamp, knock 'em to their knees and tie 'em to a stump, let the bugs and the rattlers and the alligators do the rest!'

That would be an excellent sentence for them... and hoped it would take several days before the fatal bite came!

Someone else recommended the judge sentence them to one week in Sing Sing Correctional Facility, announce to the inmates what they done, in detail, and hand out photos of Ethan... then put them in an unsecured cell within the general population!

Either way, the creatures deserve the most inhumane expiration imaginable... along with the brainless judge who ORDERED the little guy sent to be with his mom!

The whole thing chills me to the bone!

along with the brainless judge who ORDERED the little guy sent to be with his mom!

That judge deserves even worse for completely ignoring the court petition indicating the boy's mother was unstable and had abandoned him.

When you represent justice you don't drop the ball like that when the safety of a completely dependedent life, and a young one at that, is in the balance. You simply DO NOT drop that ball!

That is truly tragic. What I find saddening is that the officials who are supposedly there to protect the vulnerable, dropped the ball. Not encouraging for anyone, especially a parent if they are needing help to protect their own child from known hazards.

Al P.

I agree. My mother has an elderly female friend who had a cousin who was a priest and was convicted of child sexual abuse and went to prison, in genral population. Whether he was truly guilty or not isn't the point; the point is he didn't last too long in prison. Within a couple of months he was found dead. The prison population the world over doesn't seem to tolerate child abusers and I believe it's because the abuser has had a chance to make something of their life but the poor child hasn't.

I had a job once when I was a trainee ambulance officer to transport a young girl who was being abused by her step father and his son from a private hospital in the North western suburbs of Sydney to the New Childrens' Hospital near Parramatta, about 15- 20 kms or so. My female partner looked at me when whe saw the state this 14 year old was in and said "You're driving on this one," I was actually the treating officer that day, but I was glad she got me to drive.

It was hard enough talking to the father who had picked her up for a weekend access visit, let alone trying to talk to the young girl. Her father asked me what would be likely to happen to the perpetrators and I said they would be charged, tried, and if convicted go to gaol where they might be lucky enough to get off with a very severe beating (iron bars and the like) and perhaps even killed.

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

Another child has paid the price for a $#!++y system that's supposed to protect them. The story doesn't mention how the boyfriend mutiliated Ethans face in an attempt to delay identification. And the mother could have stopped it but didn't cause she was too worried about her own safety...what crap.

The only winner here is Nancy Grace...another week of material for her.

-Mike

Seems they're everywhere. Locally there was an incident where a live-in

boyfriend beat a 4 year old boy to death, spread out over a 48 hour period.

Mother is a crack head, and the boyfriend a drug dealer. The poor

little boy got all that beating for wetting his pants. Mother just looked

the other way while it was going on. People coming to the apartment to

buy drugs were urging the mother to seek medical attention for the boy,

but she didn't because she'd be in trouble with her parole officer. Dirt bags

is too nice of a description.

After the general population in prison are through, I hope then there's

a special place in hell for these sort of whatever you want to call them.

There surely is Mate, there surely is.

Seems they're everywhere. Locally there was an incident where a live-in

boyfriend beat a 4 year old boy to death, spread out over a 48 hour period.

Mother is a crack head, and the boyfriend a drug dealer. The poor

little boy got all that beating for wetting his pants. Mother just looked

the other way while it was going on. People coming to the apartment to

buy drugs were urging the mother to seek medical attention for the boy,

but she didn't because she'd be in trouble with her parole officer. Dirt bags

is too nice of a description.

Pretty bad that even the junkie scum knew the boy was in bad shape.Some folks just dont deserve to keep breathing like the Mom and her crap dealing lowlife boyfriend.

Idiots like these two are quite common it seems these days epecially when the people are junkies.Pretty bad that our society allows parolee junkies to have access to their kids especially when she is still involved with narcotics.

There must be somewhere bottom feeders like this can be sent(Hell is one option).

Makes you sick.

Mark

My wife did a stint at a Children's hospital as a student nurse, long long ago. The things she saw there to this day still haunt her. How anyone can ever do damage to a small, defenceless child is beyond belief.

Al P.