The best beginner kits are those you usually find under the vendor's tables at a show for a few dollars.

Yep, I agree, and I've got my fair share of those. I picked up a complete Falcon Beaufighter recently for $5, to go with my incomplete one that I got for free. I've also got one-and-a-half Falcon F-89s to contend with, as well as an incomplete La-5. All of these cost me next to nothing, and I'm looking forward to giving them a bash. I've got a couple more upmarket vac kits as well, but I'll do those after I get some experience.

Kev

Send 'em over. I've got a milling machine with nothing to run on it at the moment.

J

Will do.

The outsides of the mains are 6 spoke with curved triangular holes, sort of like a P-47D/M, but bigger. There's a rough edge around the tire bead like a Skyraider/Avenger's wheels though, and the brakes are drastically different, sticking out from the back side of the wheel noticeably.

The nose wheel has 8 spokes and looks a lot like a Skyraiders wheel on one side. The other side, however, is dished with smaller holes like the strut side of a P-51 Mustang wheel. In the pictures I have the nose wheel looks about the same size as the mains but thinner.

The tires are definitely squarish in x-section with flat tread areas that have wavy tread, though I'm pretty sure I saw one with straight groove tread once somewhere.

Yep, I agree, and I've got my fair share of those. I picked up a complete Falcon Beaufighter recently for $5, to go with my incomplete one that I got for free. I've also got one-and-a-half Falcon F-89s to contend with, as well as an incomplete La-5. All of these cost me next to nothing, and I'm looking forward to giving them a bash. I've got a couple more upmarket vac kits as well, but I'll do those after I get some experience.

Kev

I've got a falcon Spiteful/Seafang, two BF-109's, and a Seafury to try.

I also picked up a War Eagle Canberra last year.

I'd love to score a Falcon MB.5.

Course, now that I've learned 40 new curse words in 20 new languages, someone will do BOTH of these kits in injection form within the year...

Jeff

That sort of sounds like the girl we all dated at one time or another. She can speak six languages, but can't say no in any of them. :thumbsup:

Yuk