Cutaway 1/48 Curtiss P-36 Hawk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got my finger out and bought some paint this morning. I've decided to brush paint the camo, as with four colours and the open structure, it will save a load of hastle on masking. I'll give it a final sprayed matt coat to even everything out at the end. So tonight the camo was marked out and the underside was painted.

I have to get this project finished and out of the way ready for the B-17 Group Build!

What do you know! I actually got some painting done last night and tonight. It appears a bit thin in the pictures, but it is just a first coat which is now being left to harden. I decided to follow the kit camo pattern rather than try and copy the fullsize shown above, as I don't want to start altering/making new decals just to match the Fighter Collection example when the kit decals are very similar.

Yesterday, the underside was done first...

p36a4j.jpg

followed by the upper surface blue/grey.

p36a4i.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force

A little more progress tonight. Mainly detail painting of small parts such as the landing gear, pitot, aerial etc. I also did a little painting on a Dornier 335 I was given in an almost complete state that a friend had lost interest in.

p36a4o.jpg

p36a4n.jpg

I've also been spending my time building this Meteorological Instrument panel for the back of my Dodge Weapons Carrier. All the dials and clocks work.

instruments22.jpg