Cutaway 1/48 Curtiss P-36 Hawk

Matt coat dry, tailwheel and main wheels fitted. The four small gear doors needed quite a bit of trimming and thinning to get them to fit well. The wheels are now drying on the axles and will be left overnight before I do any more.

p36a5h.jpg

p36a5i.jpg

The only other things done tonight was to wash all the parts of my 1/48 Spitfire and 1/72 B-17. January can't come fast enough for the B-17 group build!

With the glue still drying on the canopy, it's done! I used R/C modellers glue for the canopy. It looks like white PVA woodworking glue, but sticks well to plastics and dries clear. Not in the picture is a small piece of wire for the front sight. I've left off the ring sight as the moulding is way too big and just looked wrong.

p36a5l.jpg

p36a5o.jpg

p36a5t.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force

Many thanks everyone. The pictures probably make it look better than it is. As I said, it has its flaws. There are a couple of seams slightly visible, a few specks of dust in the paint and under the decals. A couple of decals show slight signs of silvering under the edges, but overall, there's enough going on with the plane to distract you from the bad bits.

I'm going to print out the cutaway drawing which has all the parts labelled, laminate it, and give it to the local aircraft museum along with the model.