RN intercepts pirates

I'll wager their Prime Minister doesn't feel it necessary to apologise to anyone.

Damn right sir. Pity they weren't apprehended with the weapons, they could have been slung into the brig rather than be sent back home.

peebeep

Pity they let the bigger ship go home to refuel and try again.

The destruction of the two smaller ships was good, but the destruction of the larger one along with them would have made this a true victory. I bet the pirates would have a whole lot more trouble replacing one of their bigger ships than they will replacing those two smaller ones.

Do you know these anecdotes ?

One day, a group of pirates in two small attack boats spoted a ship which is looking like to be a big fishing ship and decide to chase it. While they arrive enough close to her, the "fishing ship" suddenly turned and the hunter became the hunted !

When the ship turned, the pirates understood that they commited a big mistake because it wasn't a fishing ship but the french frigate "Nivôse" (a Floréal class surveillance frigate), and her chopper also took off. The two boats were captured.

I have hearsay that this story happened two times !

Another anecdote :

During a night, another group of pirate in two skiffs spoted a big tanker and decided to attack it. When they arrived enough close, they fired few warning shots with their assault rifles.

Calmly, the sailors on the tanker witched on their spotlights and searched in the dark. Then, they chased one of the skiffs and captured it.

No chance once again, the ship was the French Navy's fleet tanker "Somme". During the affair, the french soldiers never fired any shot !

:worship:

Edited by Jan-Pawel
That is to hand them from a gibbet on the quay, and leave the bodies hangng until they were consumed by carrion feeders.

"Gibbets and crows.... Dotard! " Sorry, I was watching Return of the King last night, and that always pops into my head.

I was expecting to read "They gave the Pirates a stern talking-to, and sent them back home." But then I re-read it and it was the Royal Navy, not the USN.