Hey folks, here's what I've been working on.

Here's what it looks like so far. I need garbage bags, the actuators to open the rear of the truck, more lights, and wiring. Started as an AMT Shorthauler, kept the frame, cab, and engine. I took the rear wheels from another kit (short hauler only had one set, the weight of the garbage truck needed two sets I figured).

CIMG3178.jpg

CIMG3172.jpg

CIMG3190.jpg

A few more pics here:

http://s472.photobucket.com/albums/rr81/pa...arbage%20truck/

John

Edited by pastafarian
Thanks, this one's not been too bad so I'm going to try this one next.

kw_2000_land_3.jpg

John

Wow !this one will be very inspiring to watch .

The detail on this is tremendous and will love to see you make this and will follow with total enthusiam...

I can't wait to see how you tackle the crane and other lifting parts...

Wow !this one will be very inspiring to watch .

The detail on this is tremendous and will love to see you make this and will follow with total enthusiam...

I can't wait to see how you tackle the crane and other lifting parts...

The only part that I can't figure out on this one is the location of the crane operator. I found some newer trucks with an enclosed operator cab, but I like the rough look of this one.

John

The only part that I can't figure out on this one is the location of the crane operator. I found some newer trucks with an enclosed operator cab, but I like the rough look of this one.

John

I used to drive a Boom truck similar to this and the operator had a small platform , one on each side, where you stood and operated the crane. The platform was located just behind where the outriggers are in the photo. I like your garbage truck. I've never seen anyone model one befoe

• 1 year later...

got this one going again. It hung out in the closet for a long time while I had other stuff going. :P

Decals are from the spares box. BLK stands for Big Load o' Krap. haha I haven't weathered it at all yet. I'm going to throw a bunch of grim on most of the truck and hit a few areas with some rust to make it look nice and used.

Couple things left to add. The guys in the back will need some handles over the platforms on the back corners. I think I'm going to add some external wiring to the rear lights. Last, I need to figure out how to do some garbage for the back. Any ideas on that?

2011-11-16_14-47-33_309.jpg

2011-11-22_12-29-54_655.jpg

2011-11-22_12-29-45_3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some first hand experiance with the business end of the trash truck and yours is looking pretty good. I wouldn't put trash in the back since you wouldn't drive with the hopper open, it would be down with the tuck blade closed. One thing your missing is a cylinder on top for the cable that pics up the rear load dumpsters.