how many people enjoy doing 1/144 scale aircraft? Same of the Dragon 1/144 scale stuff is really detailed for its size......just got in the VF-143 Double pack of F/A-18 Super Bugs, and cant wait to start them......Got other projects to finish before beginning those (F/A-18C in VFA-203 and a F-15C in 159 FW both out of New Orleans) trying to do Louisiana based aircraft to beef up my collection........

Anyways, IDEAS? Was thinking of doing a Red Flag diorama in 1/144 scale.....what a/c should i include in this diorama....?? Being Red Flag, the sky is the limit really........and the Dragon Models are nicely priced and are pretty detailed.........

I for one thoroughly enjoy 144th, especially when doing heavies . . . only downside is the availability of decent kits & aftermarket stuff. One idea would be for a SAC bombing competition (Barksdale BUFFS anyone?), another one would be a dogfight between US fighters & USAF operated MiGs from the "Red Eagles" squadron (They operated early model MiG-21s and MiG-23s), and finally a Bear or Blackjack intercept.

As for your Red Flag idea, just depends on what aspect/phase of the exercise you want to cover & what time frame. . . depends on what kits you can find I guess.

Btw, Which part of Bayou country do you call home?

Ves :)

IS RAILROAD "n" SCALE CLOSE TO 1/144 SCALE?

(Why are you shouting?)

N scale is 1/160th. One could easily use N-scale structures, figures, vehicles and scenic elements in the backgroud of 1/144th dioramas. Not sure, but I think some European manufacturers also producing armor/afv's in N scale too.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Edited by Old Blind Dog