Ethical Question, Ebay and Neomega...

Back in March, I ordered a Neomega Super Etendard cockpit from a gentleman in Russia who had listed it. I paid for the cockpit and over the next month, it did not arrive. Getting close to the 45 day limit, I notified the seller and Ebay that I had not received the item, I still wanted it, and waited. Finally, Ebay refunded my money and I thought the matter was closed. Today, I received notification that the item had indeed arrived and it was in great shape. I sent the seller an email that if he sends me a new invoice, I will pay for the item.

My question is, however, is what I received an actual Neomega set? It was molded in a light green resin with no directions or packaging. There was nothing to suggest that it was an authentic kit and I am wondering if I just paid for a knock-off set. The molding looks great and I am sure will look great in the Sue, but I really hope that I did not just support piracy...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Happy Trails

Creepy Guy

The Neomega sets I have are all green resin and did not include instructions.

Regards,

Murph

All of my Neomega stuff was in the same green resin with no instructions.

Nearly every set of Neomega I have are moulded in different colors ranging from baby poop green, to lime gree, to grey, to blue. Most older stets are ziploc bagged and have a small sticker on them un cyrillic saying what they are such as cy-25. The newer sets are blister packed and include small printed, very basic instructions and are usually always grey colored resin.

Cheers

Mike

Unfortunately there is a gray market for NeOmega products. Most 'NeOmega' products on offer via E-Bay are gray market (i.e. bought via intermediaries in Russia) and may, or may not, be kosher. Bear in mind that the bulk of NeOmega's line is designed and cast by one man, the great Mr. Alexey Rusiyan, so supply levels are normally difficult to maintain.

There have been some reported instances of bootlegging of NeOmega products in both Eastern Europe and Latin America.

The only 100% guaranteed NeOmega items are available through 'official' outlets; NeOmega Resin in the UK, ourselves in North America, and any third parties we sell to. The instructions for NeOmega sets, such as they are, are produced exclusively for the 'kosher' sets we sell and are not available within the CIS. Be aware though that not all sets include instructions; with some (mostly in 1/72 scale) it's not necessary. The 'Western' Super Etendard sets do include instructions.

Not all NeOmega sets are cast in green resin. This is simply the most commonly available resin compound available in the CIS. In actual fact, at least 50% of the current NeOmega output is cast in gray resin.

Finally, we replace broken or miscast NeOmega parts for our customers. One can assume it's 'caveat emptor' on E-Bay.

I hope this explains the situation with NeOmega products.

http://www.lindenhillimports.com