Ignorance spans more than just killing snakes...

I note you take offence, I wonder why...Hmmmm

Wow ... we go from a harmless remark about aversions to snakes to a giant leap of human genocide ... :cheers:

Me thinks you need some perspective ...

Gregg

Wow ... we go from a harmless remark about aversions to snakes to a giant leap of human genocide ... :cheers:

Me thinks you need some perspective ...

Gregg

No, it just emphasises the point.

never heard the saying from little things come bigger?

The fact that you still claiming innocent aversion to the statement I rebuked,shows you clearly are devoid of any perspective in this discussion

Edited by model_madness

:cheers:

You obviously don't live in an area where snakes can and are a problem like Waco pointed out...

I live in a rural area myself and know how deadly some species can be right in my backyard if I'm not careful ...

I guess you have no phobias either ... I know I have one ... NOW ...

Gregg

Pfft, snakes. Me, I hate dogs & cats. Awful creatures, carrying disease, destroying property, not to mention injuring and even killing people. I get disgusted and fearful just looking at them and will kill them every chance I get.

:cheers:

MM - I note you have a heavily laden machine of aerial death in your signature, from a time when the US waged violence against a people we did not understand in a culture we couldn't comprehend with a strategy that was not fully coherent. I am appalled you would support such ignorance by posting such an image and supporting such a group build. Such hypocrisy has cost millions of lives throughout history.

Oh, that's right, we're on a model building webpage, where one guy expressed a distaste for snakes. You've made the jump to religious intolerance and racial genocide based on a dislike for snakes. Anybody can play your game, if you choose to move into ridiculous oversensationalization of peoples innocent comments.

Might I suggest your cooments on conservationism and the ignorance of folks who dislike snakes would be more welcome on a militant environmentalism board?

Unless jimz is waging regional erradication campaigns against snakes in his state, I really see no problem with his attitude, nor with the actions of the OP. It's pretty low to then accuse him of being part of the group or type of people responsible for genocide. Uncalled for, honestly.

Short answer: you're in the wrong here, bub.

IBTL

I am not a herpetologist.

I do not love snakes, nor do I fear them.

I respect them... All of them.

Everything from Garter snakes, to Eastern Diamondbacks.

I grew up on farms as well as rural areas.

I have nearly stepped on them, as well as saving them from certain doom.

Snakes are necessary to the world as Ross said. But they are also one of our biggest fears due to quite possibly our upbringing and maybe even that racial memory.

Some things to remember is that snakes are not slimy, they are not evil, they are not out to destroy my model collection.

Do I like them, nah, I respect them. In the same way I respect Sharks, Wild Cats, and any other critter that can be dangerous.

William G

I am guessing now would be a bad time to mention that they also taste like chicken wouldn't it?

Rattlesnake Roundup in San Patricio county Texas...

Mmmmmm Mmmmm Rattler Nuggets...

William G

I am amazed that this thread started with a member of this forum asking to ID a snake which he killed due to the protection of his family. He did say it was aggressive and because he was not aware of the breed of snake he took its life. God fobit it was indeed a baby rattler whose venom is very toxic and it took a bite at one of his kids.

Could he have called Game and Fish? Sure. Who thinks to do that when there is a freaking snake in their garage? I have been literally CHASED around my garage by a 5 inch long black scorpion and while screaming like a little girl trying to get away from it, I ended up realizing I was wearing leather tennis shoes and ended up killing it. I have no doubt it was a productive member of its environment and I probably made the cricket population in the vicinity grow but you know what, I don't care. It was massive and so big you could actually hear its feet scraping on the concrete!

What do I know though? I do know I would have done the exact same thing if that thing was chasing my three year old son.

MM - I note you have a heavily laden machine of aerial death in your signature, from a time when the US waged violence against a people we did not understand in a culture we couldn't comprehend with a strategy that was not fully coherent. I am appalled you would support such ignorance by posting such an image and supporting such a group build. Such hypocrisy has cost millions of lives throughout history.

Oh, that's right, we're on a model building webpage, where one guy expressed a distaste for snakes. You've made the jump to religious intolerance and racial genocide based on a dislike for snakes. Anybody can play your game, if you choose to move into ridiculous oversensationalization of peoples innocent comments.

Might I suggest your cooments on conservationism and the ignorance of folks who dislike snakes would be more welcome on a militant environmentalism board?

Unless jimz is waging regional erradication campaigns against snakes in his state, I really see no problem with his attitude, nor with the actions of the OP. It's pretty low to then accuse him of being part of the group or type of people responsible for genocide. Uncalled for, honestly.

Short answer: you're in the wrong here, bub.

Oh I have to laugh here, excuse me while I puke too.

Just about any and every aircraft besides airliners ( and them included) have been used in some form of warfare.

To single out my signature, which for me glorifies the technological advances of man, and then claim im the intolerant, rascist ,insensitive hellbeaten on destroying and maiming innocentss isn't just ridiculous, its a joke!

This isnt a game Waco, no one wins....

I have been literally CHASED around my garage by a 5 inch long black scorpion and while screaming like a little girl trying to get away from it,

<SNIP>

It was massive and so big you could actually hear its feet scraping on the concrete!

Mike,

When I was a kid in Texas, I also had a run in with a scorpion in my garage...

Scared the Behoosis outta me. I swear that thing was out for my blood...

William G

(ps) the mental image this conjurs up is funny :wub:

MM - thanks for proving my point. My example is no more of a joke than your example citing the killing of nuisance snakes and the fear of snakes by an ARC member as the root cause of all human suffering. As I said, anybody can play the excessive hyperbole game, bub. How's the shoe feel on the other foot? Uncomfortable and smelly, is it not?

And you're wrong that nobody wins. When we all learn to get along, we ALL win big guy.

C'mon, everybody bring it in for a group hug...

Edited by Waco

And...to quote Samel L Jackson:

"I have had enough of these mother #$%@&^% snakes on this mother *%#@!$# model airplane site!"

Everybody responsible for this thread going sideways, report to the bike rack at 12:00 hours for a stern talking to by yours truly! Oh, by the way...I'll be the one with a bike chain in my hand....

Al P.