IT's so cool! this plane is close to Su-33...

so this mean that trumpeter will release the j-15... someday!

(and with little work, get a good su-33! ...or a little luck!)

with hook down

That pic is two months old now, and i reaaaly doubt it is real. Looks like a pixlated ps/cad pic. :whistle:

They already have bought Su-33 prototype from Ukraine...

Is it true or just rumor? I remember that ukraine had atleast two early flanker prototypes. One of them was really early (before T-10 went changes in design) while the other was Su-33 which i have a pic of somewhere.

Is it true or just rumor? I remember that ukraine had atleast two early flanker prototypes. One of them was really early (before T-10 went changes in design) while the other was Su-33 which i have a pic of somewhere.

Yes, I read on spotters net ua that they sold one to China! i will try to find picture with explanation!

edit: http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=2831

Edited by mario krijan

The T-10-10 prototype is at Lugansk, Ukraine.

I photographed it there in 2006......

Ukrain2006_30.jpg

Dunno about the Su-33 though........

Ken

That pic is two months old now, and i reaaaly doubt it is real. Looks like a pixlated ps/cad pic. :banana:

sorry for my 2 month old pic...

i wasnt aware of the whole story before this topic started...

wasnt even aware the china had/have plans for aircraft carrier neither...

i just click the link at the top of this topic, and i found that cool.

as russian plan to change their old su-33 for new mig-29kub... china developped a new su-33!(j-15)

maybe the pics are PS/cad....

but the rumours are strong about that plane...(being some kind of sea flanker variant)

does china really need to buy a su-33 to learn how to navalized theirs j-11's? ???

but the coolest thing was more about the Trumpeter possibility...

(with some bad humour about the fact that if they do their j-15 as trumpusual, we should get a very nice su-33 soon! ) :monkeydance:

Hmmm ... with this picture, I think no-one can claim now that the J-15 or at least Chana's carrier-capable Flanker-developments are FAKE... any legal aspects aside !

However I heard the prototype China received was T-10K-3 ... or does anyone have better ifo ?

J-15prototype-clear1small.jpg

J-15prototype-clear2small.jpg

Besides that there are also some J-11B going to the PLA-NAF as J-11BH and at least IMO there's one twin seater includes (maybe a J-11BSH) ... what do You think Ken ??

J-11BHpart.jpg

J-11BHtwinseater.jpg

Cheers, Deino

Yes, I read on spotters net ua that they sold one to China! i will try to find picture with explanation!

edit: http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=2831

Ukrain2006_30.jpg

Ken

Yup, was thinking about those two!

sorry for my 2 month old pic...

i wasnt aware of the whole story before this topic started...

wasnt even aware the china had/have plans for aircraft carrier neither...

i just click the link at the top of this topic, and i found that cool.

as russian plan to change their old su-33 for new mig-29kub... china developped a new su-33!(j-15)

maybe the pics are PS/cad....

but the rumours are strong about that plane...(being some kind of sea flanker variant)

No need to apologize. ^_^ They are definitely developing J-15 (carrier fighter) no doubt. I just doubt that particular picture is actually real. Other pics posted by g0 are real for sure.

does china really need to buy a su-33 to learn how to navalized theirs j-11's? ???

Well, under the skin, Su-33 and Su-27 are very very different planes. So i guess to speed up the process of building own "Su-33" it is nice to look at a real Su-33... ;)

And regarding the carrier, they have built a "on land" carrier as a simulator. Rather large one. They have also built a ramp on a runway ala we have seen on NITKA complex.

wuhancarriermockup11100.jpg

• 7 months later...

I know everybody is excited about the J-20, now, but I've found this pic of the J-15, here:

j15july10.jpg

there is also a vid on tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYUWQvKees...player_embedded

and about those 2 prototypes from ukraine - it is confirmed here that one (T-10K-3) has been sold to china around 2001.

http://cnair.top81.cn/J-10_J-11_FC-1.htm

any news, new threads about this ?

rg

mart

j15july10.jpg

Vairy eeeeeenteresteeng.....

Thanks for posting Mart.....

I wonder why they changed the wingtip launch rails ???

and.... did they increase the wing area - like the Su-33 - difficult to see from that photo with the flaps down.

It'll be interesting to watch development of the J-15......

Ken

PS - the carrier is ready....... :cheers::thumbsup:

day04_027.jpg

Vairy eeeeeenteresteeng.....

Thanks for posting Mart.....

I wonder why they changed the wingtip launch rails ???

and.... did they increase the wing area - like the Su-33 - difficult to see from that photo with the flaps down.

It'll be interesting to watch development of the J-15......

Ken

PS - the carrier is ready....... :whistle: ^_^

you're welcome, ken! at least one finds this interesting.

taking the content of my second link for granted it is the same airframe as su-33, yes. This raises a serious issue i think, because china does not seem to have a production license for this aircraft.

But taking the long lasting partnership into account I am sure that they will come to an agreement with both parties ending up satisfied....

about those wingtip launch rails: 2 reasons that could explain the difference - first: chinese missile options, rather than russian missile - second: no Gardeniya ECM pod option, at least not like the original su-33 configuration.

It will be interesting to see if they will also purchase the P-800 oniks replacing moskit missiles.

Ken, do you know if this image shows a (compatible) su-33 pylon/hardpoint holding the P-800 ?

ss-n-26-yakhont-oniks-p-800.jpg

Ken, do you know if this image shows a (compatible) su-33 pylon/hardpoint holding the P-800 ?

ss-n-26-yakhont-oniks-p-800.jpg

I don't see why not - BrahMos is a development of Onyx.......

day04_002.jpg

..... and that is slated for carriage by the IAF Su-30MKI.....

day02_043.jpg

So I don't see why it can't be carried on the centreline pylon of an upgraded Su-33...

Ken

oups, forgot about this one:

J-15-Modern_ships.JPG

I doubt this is a photograph - proving me wrong is welcomed!

I rather suggest it is a rendering - if, a pretty good one actually.

what's interesting about it is what it shows: differences to it's russian example su-33

cheers!

mart

I do not know if that is real or not, but looks real enough and a great looking pic.