And why do you think they need to keep the Growler line open?

You mean other than Corporate Welfare for the McD***less Crime Family and a Gravy Train Retirement plan for all the Hornet Mafiosi they put on the payroll?Maybe if they'd bought a plane actually WORTH a puddle of pee in the first place...

Edited by Diamondback Six

McBoeing (and you, sir, are correct about who really took over whom) wants to ride their mistake into the ground. After losing JSF, they basically sunk their TACAIR hopes on the F-15E/K/S/SE/ZZ TOP whatever family and the SH. They made no real investments in TACAIR betyond tweaking, and now that JSF is about to really eat their lunch, they are in desperation mode. UCAV progress is slow, and after losing the uber secret RQ to Iranian hacker clowns, there is NO rush to unman platforms more than we have to. Predators and Reapers over Iraqi and Afghani UNCONTESTED airspace is one thing...

Mark, I grew up in a Heritage Boeing household, so I've seen the inside view of how the termites are eating away at everything--the only thing left is the name; and would seem to be a pattern. The McDouchebags first run their own company into the ground until they have to merge with Douglas (which played out same as the Boeing merger if my understanding's correct), then run the merged company into the ground--they're like a parasite that has to jump from host to host to survive, and when Boeing dies there won't be any new ground left for them to infest.

I know a few Heritagers who are praying for a Mitsubishi hostile takeover when "The Employees Will Still Be Cowering and I'll Still Be Here" McNerney (remind us of anyone, like maybe "Declare In Ethics Seminar, I took my hundred closest friends golfing every year on company dime at Sundstrand, I continued at McDD, and I will continue here, and I can fire every one of you in this room and replace all of you within 24 hours" Stonecipher?) finally puts BA on the rocks for good...

Is it 2015 or 1955?

What's next, another breathless press release on the first African American pilot to fly the F-35? How is this really considered news?

Hopefully her husband is in direct radio contact with her and gives her enough direction so she doesn't crash the jet.

I don't disagree, but the PC monster lives on checked boxes and platitudes.

Please don't wheel out the PC trope. I know it is the old standby for males, especially white males, but not this time.

The first female F-35 pilot is not an achievement, it's an embarrassment. How long has the plane flying? Coming on 8 years? How many tales have been delivered? How many flight hours has the fleet accrued? And now that the boys have finally figured it out, it's safe to put vagina in one?

You cannot tell me there are no female test pilots. You cannot tell me there are no female combat pilots. And while the little "all female combat mission" stunt she participated in was completely staged (how could it not be?), the fact that it took this long to sit a female pilot in this particular jet is simply ridiculous.

I'm sorry, to me Political Correctness is an insult, "we don't think these people are good enough to make it on their own so we have to help them." Condescending and patronizing. Where's my Affirmative Action program for an autistic fighter pilot? *snort* :P

I've yet to see a plane that cared if the hands on its controls wore nail polish or not, or the eyes on its instruments had mascara around them... only that the person in the seat had sufficient size and strength to reach the controls and exert the leverage required to operate them, and the mental faculties to keep up with the data it presents to them and provide appropriate input to them. Machines in general are far more truly Equal Opportunity than many people, in my experience...

Edited by Diamondback Six

I'm sorry, to me Political Correctness is an insult, "we don't think these people are good enough to make it on their own so we have to help them." Condescending and patronizing. Where's my Affirmative Action program for an autistic fighter pilot? *snort* :P/>/>/>

First off, the affirmative action program for autistic pilots is called the USAF, and it has been very successful at helping otherwise socially incompatible people advance. ;)

Second, white males in the US in general spent enough time saying "we don't think these people are good enough to make it on their own so we have to control them." To deny this, even during most of our lifetimes, would be inexcusable willful ignorance of the facts. We aren't talking about "echoes of the Big Bang", we are seeing the direct results of this nation's past discrimination against basically every non white and male group, period dot.

You don't have 200+ years of legally codified institutional dominance that just goes away overnight. Not saying PC is the right answer, but it certainly isn't any worse and very likely is a lot better than what the US has done in the past.

Getting back on topic, the UK article is interesting. The JSF is a White Elephant (no PC there :monkeydance:/> ) because it's late and costs too much and the engines suck. Fair enough, but how is it the JSF's fault the Brits are only putting 12 on their carrier? Or that they retired their Harriers too soon, or that they plan to retire the Tornadoes too soon? I love when an article starts off with legitimate concerns, then piles on all the extraneous BS they can to hit the word count the editor asked for.

Lord Nelson must be spinning in his grave like a top over how they have abandoned the waves.

Edited by MarkW

Please don't wheel out the PC trope. I know it is the old standby for males, especially white males, but not this time.

1. for the record: my color is gray, and I sexually identify as an Attack Helicopter.

2. My comment was more directed at the media--- that may sound like a cop out, but to be honest I never really even considered this a "thing" I'm honestly astounded we still see stories like this, for the reasons that John pointed out. Does being indifferent make me an evil white male... well I don't know.

... but the answer is yes?

The F-35 ejection seat was built to consider female bones, so I assumed that one way or another there would be women involved, females work on the program, I dun seen em myself. I had my mind on other more important topics apparently.

If that makes me a neglectful sexist monster, I guess I am guilty.

Getting back on topic, the UK article is interesting. The JSF is a White Elephant (no PC there :monkeydance:/>) because it's late and costs too much and the engines suck. Fair enough, but how is it the JSF's fault the Brits are only putting 12 on their carrier? Or that they retired their Harriers too soon, or that they plan to retire the Tornadoes too soon? I love when an article starts off with legitimate concerns, then piles on all the extraneous BS they can to hit the word count the editor asked for.

Lord Nelson must be spinning in his grave like a top over how they have abandoned the waves.

Its like how Europe had all kinds of stealth aircraft, and billions of dollars to develop them into hovering eurocanards until the mean old JSF came in and killed their industry!

Now onto the Sea Typhoon!!

-121 practicing for the ship

17118171748_17c87dce14_b.jpg

16685668353_47c264cb9a_b.jpg

17118393880_f2f7130b9f_b.jpg

17305941425_eeda9a1bec_b.jpg

Wait...

Wait...

982aebe2d39aaf5c291f64f526166066.jpg

http://www.f-16.net/forum/download/file.php?id=20664&mode=view

GREEN FUEL TRUCK!!!!! OMG !!!!1!!!! Not TACTICAL!! NOT TACTICAL!!! OVERHEAT!!!!1!!

First off, the affirmative action program for autistic pilots is called the USAF, and it has been very successful at helping otherwise socially incompatible people advance.

Well aren't you just precious, Snowflake.

Getting back on topic, the UK article is interesting. The JSF is a White Elephant (no PC there :monkeydance:/> ) because it's late and costs too much and the engines suck. Fair enough, but how is it the JSF's fault the Brits are only putting 12 on their carrier? Or that they retired their Harriers too soon, or that they plan to retire the Tornadoes too soon? I love when an article starts off with legitimate concerns, then piles on all the extraneous BS they can to hit the word count the editor asked for.

Its like how Europe had all kinds of stealth aircraft, and billions of dollars to develop them into hovering eurocanards until the mean old JSF came in and killed their industry!

Now onto the Sea Typhoon!!

Judging the UK by what is written by the Independent is akin to judging America by the theoretical geo-political musings of Ms Jane Fonda- hardly representitive.

However, the run-down of the Royal Navy, and our maritime security, IS a national disgrace (our island state doesn`t even have MPA capability) which is due, in part, to capability being traded for the way-over-budget QE carriers and the F-35.

The rest (ie- `most`) of the blame lies with political incompetence.

Judging the UK by what is written by the Independent is akin to judging America by the theoretical geo-political musings of Ms Jane Fonda- hardly representitive.

You wouldn't believe how many of the anti JSF folks are running with this story as if Moses was carrying it on tablets.

This is a "sure sign" the UK is on verge of leaving the program, despite the MOD using words like "on schedule"

Reading comprehension not even once.

Is it 2015 or 1955?

What's next, another breathless press release on the first African American pilot to fly the F-35? How is this really considered news?

Hopefully her husband is in direct radio contact with her and gives her enough direction so she doesn't crash the jet.

On another semi-related note the Super Hornet program gets a stay of execution. Kuwait signed up for 28 of the jets. No indication if they are going for the E or F models.

http://www.ibtimes.com/kuwait-buys-f-18-fighter-jets-boeing-3-billion-deal-1914451

Where's the first openly gay fighter pilot or first transgender fighter pilot??!! This is outrageous!

Where's the first openly gay fighter pilot or first transgender fighter pilot??!! This is outrageous!

They need to find a minority, transgendered, lesbian so that they can cover all the bases in a single press release. Crazy stuff that this would even make the news in this day and age.