Are you kids jumping around in the back seat again? Don't make me start pumping the brakes...last time I did TT wound up face planted in the ashtray, 11 Bee spilled his soda, and Mark W bit his tongue....

Alvis 3.1

Official ARC Thread Designated Driver.

Rebuttal to the F-35 JPO's rebuttal on "dogfight-gate".

I know that the source is going to raise some hackles around here but it seems pretty well thought out. At no time did the JPO rebuttal actually dispute the initial report findings.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-response-to-a-dismal-f-35-test-reveals-the-programs-1715618793

Interesting take on the usefulness of the helment from a current F-35 pilot.

“It’s cool, but I don’t use it that often”

http://theaviationist.com/2015/07/13/f-35-pilot-about-flight-helmet/

Edited by 11bee

And off course still is.

We'll have 72 F-35A, the only question asked was, "if we take up the 28 options, should they be F-35B". If the rumour is correct, the answer to that is no, so far as the 2015 DWP is concerned.

Note that it doesn't affect the 72 already ordered, and as far as anyone knows there is no decision about whether to take the extra 28 options as F-35A, or at all. This is a non story or a deliberate deceit.

Shane

Hi Shane, I'm Shane,

We never really had any plans for buying the B model, our new ships would require more than a refit to accommodate them, the 28 extra airframes would always be A models (personally I would have liked us to consider the C, but that's just a Mugs view:))

I know that the source is going to raise some hackles around here

Some?

The guy is a ******* hot dog vendor who gets side income by writing click bait articles. He doesn't have to have any qualifications or background, he just has to generate traffic. That's like firing Tom Brokaw or Walter Cronkite in favor of hiring Kim Kardashian to anchor the evening news.

Once again he sees something he doesn't understand as being a flaw or deficiency. His next step will be to add that one mis-characterization to a litany of previous mis-characterizations, and then use them in their totality to continuously criticize and condemn the aircraft, program, technology,and hell, when you get right down to it, even the ‘National Defense Strategy’ that drives the selection and fielding of weapon systems in the first place.

punk journalism...To me, though, it smacks of bordering on journalistic fascism, in which all elected politicians are contemptible, all judges are disreputable and only journalists are capable of telling the truth, even though what passes for truth is sometimes little more than prejudice unsupported by facts.

Martin Kettle

THE Guardian, London

Feb 06, 2004

But from the Yelp reviews, they do make a good root beer float.

Edited by Trigger

Rebuttal to the F-35 JPO's rebuttal on "dogfight-gate".

I know that the source is going to raise some hackles around here but it seems pretty well thought out. At no time did the JPO rebuttal actually dispute the initial report findings.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-response-to-a-dismal-f-35-test-reveals-the-programs-1715618793

Wow he is getting Rekt in the comments. Glad you linked to that retardation rather than the story with the Marine F-35 mech.

Interesting take on the usefulness of the helment from a current F-35 pilot.

It’s cool, but I don’t use it that often”

http://theaviationist.com/2015/07/13/f-35-pilot-about-flight-helmet/

Jesus christ LOL. This is headline news. Thank god he didn't make a remark about how "Dogfighting is cool, but I probably won't use it that much" The internet would simply die. He said it was cool.

Some?

The guy is a ******* hot dog vendor who gets side income by writing click bait articles. He doesn't have to have any qualifications or background, he just has to generate traffic.

QONVIyz.gif

o7DgMpC.gif

199pnha4ch72mgif.gif

LOL tell me that hotdog thing is true! is that confirmed?

Once again he sees something he doesn't understand as being a flaw or deficiency. His next step will be to add that one mis-characterization to a litany of previous mis-characterizations, and then use them in their totality to continuously criticize and condemn the aircraft, program, technology,and hell, when you get right down to it, even the ‘National Defense Strategy’ that drives the selection and fielding of weapon systems in the first place.

Sounds about right.

But from the Yelp reviews, they do make a good root beer float.

Glad he has that going for him, this horse is bound to turn to glue eventually

Hi Shane, I'm Shane,

We never really had any plans for buying the B model, our new ships would require more than a refit to accommodate them, the 28 extra airframes would always be A models (personally I would have liked us to consider the C, but that's just a Mugs view:))

Hi Shane, I'm the original Shane

...and it might have paid you to go back a bit further and read what I actually said - you could have saved yourself repeating me

Shane

Can... can we encourage a bunch of guys on the F-35 program to write scathing reviews about his business?

I know nothing about it, I have never even so much as sat there or even been to that state, so writing scathing reviews about how bad it sucks and how I could cook better with knowing how to boil water seems to be appropriate

LOL tell me that hotdog thing is true! is that confirmed?

1. Airliners.net Profile

1A. He links to his Hangar71 page

1B. He lists he occupation as "Bar Owner."

2. His blog prior to FA, AviationIntel, on which you can find some of his Hangar71 work

3. His FB Profile Pic:

891472_1514954128716851_228656794_a.jpg

He posts links to FA articles in his public feed

Pic from the Hot Dog article:

ip.nick.jpg

There's no telling how old that FB pic is, but the glasses and hair are very similar.

I've been trying to DISPROVE they're the same guy - because, let's face it, it's pretty gosh-darn funny - but the links are pretty damning.

I know nothing about it, I have never even so much as sat there or even been to that state, so writing scathing reviews about how bad it sucks and how I could cook better with knowing how to boil water seems to be appropriate

2977.gif

Edited by Trigger

Ad Hominem......classy. His analysis is no worse than I've read on here and in some cases much better, but he's just an unqualified restaurant owner and you all are??? Exactly.

Easy buddy, unlike anywhere else on the innernetz we've got real expurts on this here thread. They design and build military jets for a living and are highly placed in The Program.

We know this because they consistently drop mad hints about it. Respect their authority or you'll get a mean .gif sent your way.

You've been warned.

Easy buddy, unlike anywhere else on the innernetz we've got real expurts on this here thread. They design and build military jets for a living and are highly placed in The Program.

We know this because they consistently drop mad hints about it. Respect their authority or you'll get a mean .gif sent your way.

You've been warned.

18_zps8dec7cd7.gif