Hope they figure things out soon.

Sounds like the T-45 issue has brought much of the Navy / Marine fast jet training to a hault.  I read that the Navy was evaluating whether to ask the AF for help.  

Good luck landing T-38's on carriers.   

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Let's also not take the naïve and kindhearted view that the services were all over this issue when it first arose. F-22 issues were reported for a long time before the Air Force finally took action. Bottom-line, this is a very expensive problem to fix, and the services to some extent have all hoped it would just "go away".

When I spoke at length to one F-22 pilot who had flown flight test years before, he commented there be times where he would go over the cockpit recordings, and would not recall actually saying what he said during the flight. This is a trained flight test pilot. And this was back in 2011, when the issue really started making the news.  He certainly was not the first, nor was he alone in having this issue, but the Air Force did try to ignore it as much as they could.

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-ips-revolt.html?m=1

Well the plot thickens...... Boeing has peed in it's own bowl of cornflakes.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/f-35-jets-waiting-in-wings-as-interim-super-hornet-purchase-in-limbo

Looks like LM might just swoop in and give that save face I had no other option but F-35A. This also puts the new tanker and utility/attack helos out of Boeings reach. 

2 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

yep, this has been coming for a while... KARMA...........

The Canadian public opinion of Boeing shifted overnight.

After hearing for about a half decade about the super hornet being salvation from evil LM greed, boeing exposes themselves 

Lol

Problem now is that the investigation is going ahead and Boeing can't stop it....... LM is in partnership with Bombardier as they have projects together ....... like I said it's going to be interesting. I think the F-35A will fly in Canadian Markings. SH while as a modeller I'd like to see it in Canadian Markings....... as a taxpayer no.

Hope we choose the Venom and Cobra for Helos....... probabably see the Airbus  A330 Tanker win....... will be interesting.

Never for a second think that Boeing is a monolithic company. BCA rules the roost. They are not only the Cashcow, they are the golden calf of cash cows. BCA will throw their military aircraft division under the bus, and then back the bus up over them if they think they can do more commercial sales. They know their future revenue stream is coming from the 777, 787, and the Dreamliner, not from SuperHornets.

Bombardier made the mistake of messing with BCA....

If you believe what is in the press, Boeing factored in the potential loss of the SH contract and felt it was still well worth proceeding with the complaint.    They seem to feel that they have a very good case, especially given the Trump administration's trade policies.    

Of course they can probably kiss goodbye any future orders from Delta as well but I'm sure this was also taken into account.

Gonna be interesting.  

Good riddance. Boeing has been lying to Canadian people, enabled by the Canadian media for the last 5 years regarding the super bug 

Glad Canadians finally got a good look at the wolf in sheep's clothing.

I know there are still a lot of people who think a eurocanard has a chance in Canada, but it's always been American aircraft in the running for the CF-18 replacement. Seeing as Boeing's name is now mud, I wonder if the competition happens at all lol

And what will happen with this desperate need for fighters that may disappear as quickly as it appeared.

TT I think the interm acquisition will be more than likely the final replacement fighter. There probably will be a biased competition leaning towards the F-35. 

At least the number needed has been increased to 88 as a minimum. 

1 hour ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Good riddance. Boeing has been lying to Canadian people, enabled by the Canadian media for the last 5 years regarding the super bug 

Glad Canadians finally got a good look at the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Oh no... A corporation that is greedy, deceitful and lies to further it's business interests?   It can't be.   Thankfully Lockheed has never done anything so sleazy, just to sell some fighters.

All our Canadian friends can rest easy.  You are in good hands.  

38 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Oh no... A corporation that is greedy, deceitful and lies to further it's business interests?   It can't be.   Thankfully Lockheed has never done anything so sleazy, just to sell some fighters.

All our Canadian friends can rest easy.  You are in good hands.  

The Issue John, was that a lot of Canadians really believed your sarcasm there. They thought Boeing was just a great friend trying to get them away from the terrible money driven LM F-35 boondoggle that was totes forced on them. And again the Canadian media printed everything Boeing claimed with no check instead of saying "hey lets remember its the same type of people in the same business with the same objective" 

you're demonstrating the mind set pretty well there. Ironically LM was under far more scrutiny and burden of proof. there was no KPMG report run on Boeing but there certainly was on LM since the gov sole sourced it. So LM was forced to play by facts, while boeing could use fantasy. And we got this!!

Boeing sees the Canadians as children BTW. and besides, We all know how smart kids are when it comes to money and trade offs and complex problems!!  commercial isn't even original. 

So again I think its really funny that after 5 years of Boeing promises, when its finally time to put pen to parchment, Boeing (suddenly!) turns into two faced liars. No way!?

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

So the Pentagon just approved a $12 billion deal with Qatar for 36 F-15QA jets from Boeing with a potential of a total of 72 jets for $21 billion.  I don't think Boeing is too worried abound losing the Canadian sales. 

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

So the Pentagon just approved a $12 billion deal with Qatar for 36 F-15QA jets from Boeing with a potential of a total of 72 jets for $21 billion.  I don't think Boeing is too worried abound losing the Canadian sales. 

I think Boeing is worried about losing any sale.

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

I think Boeing is worried about losing any sale.

THIS.  It's all about production lines.  BCA is the big dog, but they will burn a line to the ground if there is better/future profit elsewhere.  Look at the history of the 767 line in the early 2000s, and how corporate was willing and eager to ditch the 767 in favor of 777 and other newer models.  But it kept limping along if there were easy pennies to squeeze out of the line.

Same same with military aircraft.  Since both Bugs and Eagles come from the old MD line in St Louis, the viability of maintaining two lines, two sets of tooling, two distinct workforces, etc. in the same facility is constantly questioned.

The Bug and Eagle are the last two survivors in a life raft, with no food or water.  Before you worry about super carrier capabilities, there is exactly one country with carriers the Bug can operate from.  So Boeing is often in direct competition with itself, and don't think that doesn't make things tense in St. Louis.  Losing Canada sales on the Bug line will have the Eagle crowd sizing up its dinner...

So yeah, any lost sale is BAD, SAD, and MEAN.  And of course, the above applies to any defense supplier.  They are all worse than Mr. Crabs when it comes to grabbing cash.

1 hour ago, Dmanton300 said:

France? 
:)

I might be wrong but wasn't the SH in the runnning for an Indian carrier based jet bid?

Totally OT - would the SH be able to cross-deck on the French carrier?  

30 minutes ago, 11bee said:

I might be wrong but wasn't the SH in the runnning for an Indian carrier based jet bid?

Totally OT - would the SH be able to cross-deck on the French carrier?  

No too heavy. Legacy Hornet only. Obviously Rafale can land on US, but Super can't go French

Kind of OT in a way because people were thinking that if the UK bought F-35C it could cross deck with the French. Not the case for weight reasons as well. 

I don't know whether they'd have the facilities to operate the Super Hornet from the Charles de Gaulle in an operationally meaningful way (enough under deck maintenance and storage space, for example), but they've definitely trapped on and launched a few times from the CdG. LINK!

EDIT: SECOND LINK! With a VFA-105 Super Hornet actually sitting aboard CdG.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

I stand partially corrected.  We have as much chance of France buying the SuperBug as we do selling them to North Korea...

Is the Rafael line still open?  I thought all eurocanards were done...

22 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

I don't know whether they'd have the facilities to operate the Super Hornet from the Charles de Gaulle in an operationally meaningful way (enough under deck maintenance and storage space, for example), but they've definitely trapped on and launched a few times from the CdG. LINK!

EDIT: SECOND LINK! With a VFA-105 Super Hornet actually sitting aboard CdG.

My mistake