On 10/4/2017 at 11:35 AM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

And more than likely they'll all get the new coating when they go in for depot work. 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:44 PM, TaiidanTomcat said:

It's just another big air force conspiracy. You didn't see them retiring any B-1s, B-52s, F-111s, CH-53s, A-7s, F-4s, F-16s, F-15 did you? These bomber generals just hate it. The whole air force hates it, even through there Is not a soul still in the air forces who's service pre dates the A10 they just loath and detest it.

Hail Sprey

As much trouble as this purchase is being , the bird is worthy of the name  " Mystere  "

I see ARC has a representative in the comment section of the linked article above ^^^. Speaking of the comment section, it seems the majority of posters disagree with JT's idea of buying used (...and not yet available nor available anytime soon...) Australian Hornets. Then again, a couple posters seem to think the Avro Arrow or some other indigenous Canadian fighter is the answer... it hurts the head.

18 hours ago, Don said:

I see ARC has a representative in the comment section of the linked article above ^^^. Speaking of the comment section, it seems the majority of posters disagree with JT's idea of buying used (...and not yet available nor available anytime soon...) Australian Hornets. Then again, a couple posters seem to think the Avro Arrow or some other indigenous Canadian fighter is the answer... it hurts the head.

If you would listen to some..they'd say the Arrow would still be in service today and be better at everything in the history of forever. 

31 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

If you would listen to some..they'd say the Arrow would still be in service today and be better at everything in the history of forever. 

Don't forget the "Super Arrow":

bg-a-1.jpg

Easily and quickly designed, built, and cheaply acquired...

:wasntme:

Actually....... buying the Aussie bugs is a good deal.... I think the only difference is the seats and the spot light. Also both forces have cooperated in thier maintenance and data.....which really makes sense. Kinda saves face for JT..... then when re elected buys The CF-355 Arrow 2...... in the open selection.

Back to my question . Well and good but my question is, where will they go when they need spare parts  ???  Boeing  or Boeing ???    and they seem to be feuding with them at this time .

Cheers, Christian 

And don't forget, the RAAF Hornets are not for immediate sale. Best estimates say late 2020 to sometime in 2021. The RCAF's current fleet can soldier on until 2025. But there's a lot of time between now and when the first ex-RAAF Hornets could arrive.  Time to say...decide on a full replacement AC and not waste time and money on an interim Band-Aid solution.  

I know for a fact that our Aussie bugs are kept well maintained, I work on them... quite funny the relationship that we have with the Canucks, For a while here Boeing’s reputation was quite sour with the Aus Government. We were 5yrs behind on Delivering the E-7 Wedgetail and had a few other projects behind schedule as well. 

Boeing has the classic bug DM program contract, which we subcontract some of the work to BAe systems to keep their work force employed during the time the the Hawk LIF weren’t in for maintenance. The tender went out, BAe didn’t want all the aircraft but got it for the next 3yrs, snd subcontracted back to  Boeing. Boeing found out that BAe we’re getting their data from L3 in Canada, pretty much stops all the data transfer to L3. Aus Governent takes BA to court for being a bully, BA cites it’s their IP and win the case, Contract gets put back out for tender Boeing gets contract and all IP data gets turned back on. All happy days 

Unfortuntly while I do work for Boeing, Newly fabricated classic parts are now starting to get hard to get hold off, we are lucky that we have AMO to which we can manufacture parts in course of maintainence, but I have a couple of items that I have had in order through ST Louis that have had over 365 days LT. 

so the issue will be that you will unfortunately  still have to go to Boeing to get any new parts.

1 hour ago, Aussie_superbug said:

so the issue will be that you will unfortunately  still have to go to Boeing to get any new parts.

LOL..  All roads lead to Boeing (except one).  I'm sure BA will bend over backwards to quote the Canucks a fair price for any parts they need to keep those legacy Hornets flying. 

On 2017-10-14 at 2:54 AM, Gordon Shumway said:

Jeez will my damned govt. just buy the  F-35A and be freaking done with it... It's  the best choice, it's the right choice... All this damned drama UGH!:rolleyes:

Problem is politicians never admit to mistake.

It is also the only choice. Sticking with our current fleet of aircraft and buying Aussie Hornets is a band-aid fix.

Buy the F-35, like all our allies are doing. The F-35 was both the Liberal and Conservative plan from day 1.

2 hours ago, Emvar said:

Yet I can live with buying Aussie or Kuwaiti bugs...... to eventually purchase the CF-355A Arrow 2. 

Lockheed has stated they can deliver jets well before we can rebuild any junkyard aircraft or take delivery of any new build Super Hornets.

Time to announce the F-35 as per the the route and competition we already were part of.

Sadly even half a brain can not compete with looking bad, or going back on a promise PM selfie socks.

But we have come to a point where we have talked ourselves into the corner. Can't go Boeing....All ready paid into Lockhead. Just pull your thumb out and get on with it.

I have a solution to this problem!!

There are not enough models?? We need to start building Canadian F-35s, it will get to the point that the Selfie King will think 'his' guys did the deal, start talking about what a good deal we got and it's done!?!?!

18 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Or maybe reminding Canadians that Bombardier isn’t the only aerospace employer north of the border?  

yeah... but those a way less interesting/valuable jobs than those of Bombardier.(just think of the R&D)... BTW, Bombardier also hires workers in the USA...maybe more than Boeing does in Canada...(about 22 700 US jobs are tied with the Bombardier's Cseries only)

Sorry it's a bit Off Topic, but couldn't just let it go...

Edited by mingwin