1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

Politics aside, one must take the source very lightly. As in fake news

Gary

There is enough "Fake News" from all sources nowadays and bad politics is coming from all sides of this broken system we have.

Without getting into too many specifics that would get me in trouble, that is a very lame response. equivocating and using the "what about them?" type arguments do not address the fundamental problem.There is one side that is clearly excelling at deconstructing civility, honor, and any semblance of allegiance to the truth, let alone the United States Constitution. I suspect many of us here have a one time or another sworn allegiance to that document. Saying all sides are bad does not absolve the one side that is truly, awfully terrible.

that said, it's about time they got off the pot and kicked Turkey to the curb.  I can't recall one time they made any meaningful contribution to the program.

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Without getting into too many specifics that would get me in trouble, that is a very lame response. equivocating and using the "what about them?" type arguments do not address the fundamental problem.There is one side that is clearly excelling at deconstructing civility, honor, and any semblance of allegiance to the truth, let alone the United States Constitution. I suspect many of us here have a one time or another sworn allegiance to that document. Saying all sides are bad does not absolve the one side that is truly, awfully terrible.

that said, it's about time they got off the pot and kicked Turkey to the curb.  I can't recall one time they made any meaningful contribution to the program.

Best we not go there then...I'll be a gentleman and step aside since you're calling it lame.. It was the best for all that this sale was stopped.

3 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Politics aside, one must take the source very lightly. As in fake news

Gary

As opposed to that bastion of state journalism - Faux News?

Glad action has been taken on Turkey but take it with a grain of salt as these days any policy decision is subject to being reversed via a semi-incoherent 2AM tweet.  We’ll see if it stands.  I’m guessing we’ll also soon see some retribution from the Turks.  

Edited by 11bee
31 minutes ago, 11bee said:

I’m guessing we’ll also soon see some retribution from the Turks.  

This is what I think as well. The Turks have grounded our aircraft previously and I'm afraid the welcome mat at Incirlik may be pulled from under us.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

This is what I think as well. The Turks have grounded our aircraft previously and I'm afraid the welcome mat at Incirlik may be pulled from under us.

I dont see anyvalue of Incirlik with current technology and US presence in whole ME. Old habits. 

12 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I dont see anyvalue of Incirlik with current technology and US presence in whole ME. Old habits. 

Incirlik is only one of many bases the US has in Turkey.  Some have more value than others.  Maybe the real issue are the dozens of nuclear weapons we stored at Incirlik.   I’d really like to think the US saw all this coming and took appropriate precautions.    I also hope that most aircraft and non-essential personnel were moved out already before they end up as Turkish pawns.  

In some ways, Turkey reminds me of Iran, circa 1978.  

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

In some ways, Turkey reminds me of Iran, circa 1978.  

"In some ways" I agree with ya there. All they need is a religious zealot to fan the flames more in favor of the autocratic leader. I was in Korea in '78 and remember AFN news.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

All they need is a religious zealot to fan the flames more in favor of the autocratic leader.

Going by recent (admittedly small scale) election results, it fortunately seems to be going the other direction, with the Turkish people voting out those affiliated with the autocratic ruler.

7 hours ago, spejic said:

Going by recent (admittedly small scale) election results, it fortunately seems to be going the other direction, with the Turkish people voting out those affiliated with the autocratic ruler.

But at the end of the day, the autocratic ruler has the backing of the military and shows no signs that he'll ever voluntarily stand down, despite "the will of the people".   Just need to look at his new BFF who is supplying him with the S-400's for a role model for this type of rule.  

Below is an informative graphic that shows who is who in the JSF supply chain.  Hopefully the US has been at least a bit proactive on this issue and has already made some progress sourcing these components through another supplier. 

DjYaV6dUYAAlD4J.jpg

Lastly, just because I'm too lazy to start a new thread, here's a bit of jet p*rn for you guys:

Edited by 11bee
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 11bee said:

Cool picture.  Having these jets on amphibs is a real game changer.   Wonder why they have to cover the ejection seat?   Haven’t seen that done on land-based 35’s.   

I don't know if there is a F-35 specific thing. But we covered the Sets on our A-10's at the end of the day.  Most ejection seats have covers that are part of the A/C's "inventory" such as intake/ exhaust covers etc. In the USAF we called that stuff -21 equipment.