1/350 Enterprise Starships

I've built three of these and am converting another into a 1:350 Reliant.

To put it into a different perspective; One of my more recent builds along side a 1:350 scale Titanic.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/da...er/Imgp0078.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/da...er/Imgp0079.jpg

Edited by RiderFan
I've built three of these and am converting another into a 1:350 Reliant.

To put it into a different perspective; One of my more recent builds along side a 1:350 scale Titanic.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/da...er/Imgp0078.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/da...er/Imgp0079.jpg

She is big! where are you going to display her?

Frank

She is big! where are you going to display her?

Frank

One of the spare bedrooms in my house is my workshop, I just display my 'grail' models there. There's also lots of shelving in the recroom.

One of the spare bedrooms in my house is my workshop, I just display my 'grail' models there. There's also lots of shelving in the recroom.

Are you married, Cause my wife won't let me have one model in the house! :thumbsup:

Are you married, Cause my wife won't let me have one model in the house! :thumbsup:

Yes, married. She's the one that helped me organize the rec-room so they could be displayed better.

They forgot one...... The 1/350 scale USS Enterprise CVN-65 is the same length as NCC-1701 A.

Pretty close yep, CVN65 is 343 meters while the Refit Enterprise is 305.

nice pics. I love the one next to the carrier. Simply put, I have one and I am slowly gathering goodies to add to it, Photetch, lighting, lasers, supports stands, etc....I freely admit that a 1/350 Enterprise D or E sounds cool in thoery, I have no desire to own one that size. Its kind of like when I look at a 1/48 B-1B. I want one but I always ask myself, "What do I do with it when it's done?"

nice pics. I love the one next to the carrier. Simply put, I have one and I am slowly gathering goodies to add to it, Photetch, lighting, lasers, supports stands, etc....I freely admit that a 1/350 Enterprise D or E sounds cool in thoery, I have no desire to own one that size. Its kind of like when I look at a 1/48 B-1B. I want one but I always ask myself, "What do I do with it when it's done?"

Phasers man...phasers.

The Enterprise comes with a very good stand. A single post up just behind the primary deflector dish. There are photos on another thread that show the really old "three post" stand that the model used to come with, but that has long since been replaced by a solid steel bar that is VERY strong (as you can see in my photos with it beside Titanic).

The lighting kit for these costs more than the model itself (not uncommon). I think the complete kit is about $250 now.

"What do I do when it's done?" Of my three I sold one of my 1:350 Enterprise's on Craigslist. There are a lot of Star Trek fans that would love to have a model of the Enterprise of this size but have neither the skill or time to build it to studio model specs (which I do).

Phasers man...phasers.

The Enterprise comes with a very good stand. A single post up just behind the primary deflector dish. There are photos on another thread that show the really old "three post" stand that the model used to come with, but that has long since been replaced by a solid steel bar that is VERY strong (as you can see in my photos with it beside Titanic).

The lighting kit for these costs more than the model itself (not uncommon). I think the complete kit is about $250 now.

"What do I do when it's done?" Of my three I sold one of my 1:350 Enterprise's on Craigslist. There are a lot of Star Trek fans that would love to have a model of the Enterprise of this size but have neither the skill or time to build it to studio model specs (which I do).

Did you paint the Aztec, or go with the decals?

The ned to make 350 scale bird of pray

technically the scale of the Klingon Bird of Prey is up for some debate, and depending on who you ask, the AMT kit can be pretty close to 1/350

Did you paint the Aztec, or go with the decals?

I tried painting aztec and failed miserably. That's the one I've cut up and am kit-bashing into a Reliant. The decals do the job.

technically the scale of the Klingon Bird of Prey is up for some debate, and depending on who you ask, the AMT kit can be pretty close to 1/350

I was going to mention that. I've done some research and I came to the conclusion that it's 1:350. So that's good enough for me.

It's not good enough for others because most of the research is driven by fan created documentation (as is much of Star Trek).

But I count it as 1:350

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure that out with my B-1B lol It's still sitting on the bench, completed.

• 1 month later...

At one time in my past I really wanted to make a copy of each of the Enterprises (sailing, carriers, shuttle, and starships) in the same scale... My favorite scale... 1/48th. Imagine a 41 foot long 27 foot wide NCC-1701D. Of course this would be for a museum (contained in a 1/48th scale Borg cube).

Am I the only one to notice the error in the graphic? NCC-1701D or NCC-70837

I don't think there were any Galaxy-class ships in the show with that number. The USS Galaxy was NCC-70637, so maybe it was a simple mistake.