PAUL GRAY of SLIPKNOT....Dies

I dont like Slipknot, but this is a bad year for music for sure...Bill Kelliher (Mastodon) has been diagnosed with Pancreatitis (spelling?), Rex Brown was as well, but have fully recovered now. Mastodon canceled their summer tour...

Sad . . . so young, and was soon to be a new dad, too. Condoleenses to his family, friends and fans.

BTW, Holmes; why did you put "Iowa" in all caps (twice no less)? Slipknot originated in the Des Moines area after all. It's not like they were out on tour in the boonies.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

BTW, Holmes; why did you put "Iowa" in all caps (twice no less)? Slipknot originated in the Des Moines area after all. It's not like they were out on tour in the boonies.

I believe Holmes use of IOWA in caps is correct if he was referring to the acronym: Idiots Out Wandering Around

seriously, sad to hear of a young guy with talent and a family to have died. I've never got into Slipnot ( yet), but will have to check their stuff out. I'm more into classic metal and rock but like to listen to fresh stuff too.

RIP Dio as well, I was a big fan. Brett Michaels of Poison has had a rough time of it lately too, hang in there.

At least Ozzy can't be killed...

Sad . . . so young, and was soon to be a new dad, too. Condoleenses to his family, friends and fans.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

OBD,No offence was intended .I was typing and forgot to lower the upper case..Sorry it it offended you Not meant to do that... :thumbsup:

I believe Holmes use of IOWA in caps is correct if he was referring to the acronym: Idiots Out Wandering Around

Hey, I resemble that remark!

At least Ozzy can't be killed...

Isn't it amazing? There are people out there who die after doing 1/1000 of the stuff that Ozzy or a guy like Keith Richards has done.

Perhaps there's a "pickling effect" that after you've basically transformed yourself into a being made entirely of drugs and alcohol, it functions like a preservative? :wub:

Isn't it amazing? There are people out there who die after doing 1/1000 of the stuff that Ozzy or a guy like Keith Richards has done.

Perhaps there's a "pickling effect" that after you've basically transformed yourself into a being made entirely of drugs and alcohol, it functions like a preservative? :thumbsup:

or they made a pact with the Devil and sold their soul for Rock and Roll :thumbsup:

It has been said that in the event of all-out nuclear war the only things that will be left afterward are cockroaches and Keith Richards. Keith will be wandering around the rubble saying "Are we on? I saw a bright flash, are we on?"

Edited by LanceB
It has been said that in the event of all-out nuclear war the only things that will be left afterward are cockroaches and Keith Richards. Keith will be wandering around the rubble saying "Are we on? I saw a bright flash, are we on?"

rather more like "Ey, whtkammumemmemellmomomon? Mick? wananelamelwlemooo HA ha ha <cough cough coghh> haeahrgh!!!"

rather more like "Ey, whtkammumemmemellmomomon? Mick? wananelamelwlemooo HA ha ha <cough cough coghh> haeahrgh!!!"

As long as he stays away from those pesky coconut trees, ol' Keef will do just fine.

Cheers,

Andre