Century Wings 1/144 USS Nimitz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just saw this. I'm guessing it's still "(Production on order)"

Been thinking a lot lately about building a 1/144 Nimitz. This would save a lot of work... I'm guessing It's in the $500+ range and $1000 wouldn't shock me considering their 1/144 jets are $40. The F-toys and Cafe Reo are in the $15 range so I'm not sure why the Century Wings are $40. I can build them better...

-brian

• 2 months later...

Found out about this last week. Get ready for a little sticker shock----

$35,000! Thats 35 with Three zeros. Oh well. Decided to buy a car instead. Good news is there is one in stock are in California and easy to be ordered and delivered.

Guess I'm back to scratch building mine.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid and all those minicraft 1/144 F-14s and F-18s were around... I thought of building a 1/144 carrier. I had no idea what to build it out of. I then remember working out the size... then realizing that I had no possible way of working on something that big! I would love to see one of these up close... 1/350 impresses me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Mental!!!

I know what I'm getting when I win the lotto....

Although, the ship model is a mish-mash of refits, the large mast behind the island is only relevant for after 1986/before 1999, (Trumpy's 1/350 makes the same mistake..) the ship is missing CIWS for the same period, has the later sea sparrow launchers but is missing the directors for same, although some of the platforms for the directors are there; this is not correct for 1978, as isn't the placement of the "68" on the starboard side of the island....

• 2 months later...

I'm making the big E on 1/144 scale , island is the laser cutted plastic and fibreglast hull every thing on process. Like to show you some pics later and also I think I will make it available for other hopefully it's price should less than $4,000 what do you think about the price?

:)

• 1 month later...

I'm making the big E on 1/144 scale , island is the laser cutted plastic and fibreglast hull every thing on process. Like to show you some pics later and also I think I will make it available for other hopefully it's price should less than $4,000 what do you think about the price?

:)/>

What configuration will the island be? With or without the beehive? If it is with the beehive you can count me in at 4K.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...