1/48 F-15C panel line drawings

does anyone know of a source for accurate panel line drawings for the F-15c. I'm rescribing the Monogram kit and was using the existing raised lines as a guide to go by, but then I opened up my Hasegawa kit, and there are quite a few differences between them. Anyone know which kit would have the more accurate panels, probably the Hasegawa kit i'm guessing.

TIA,

Rick

Hi there, Rick! :wub:

I've gotten to learn most people rescribing the Monogram kit have resorted to the decal instructions sheet on Hasegawa's 1/48th scale F-15C. Don't know whether ya've seen FEDE's Eagle on the In-Progress Pics section of this forum:

FEDE Guy's Monogram F-15 conversion

He's using the Monogram 1/48th scale F-15A kit as a base to convert it into a C. Take a look at whut a good job he's doin.'

Cheers, Rick!

Unc²

I've compared a number of different drawings to my own photos and IMHO the drawings in the Verlinden Lockon book have been the most accurate.

-Cliff

Thanks Cliff, I'll pick it that book up. do you have any updates on your fantastic F-15 build?

Rick

They're not. They're pretty awful actually.

J

That is good to know. Wonder if they are a mix of various kit panel line locations instead of actual aircraft lines.

If it is for stencil locations, I can see it being based on kit lines.....and not having to be spot on.

Thanks again Jennings :beer4:

Edited by drhornii
That is good to know. Wonder if they are a mix of various kit panel line locations instead of actual aircraft lines.

They pretty much are. It's really tough to find accurate scale drawings of jets anywhere.

Jake

Thanks Cliff, I'll pick it that book up. do you have any updates on your fantastic F-15 build?

Rick

I've been steadily plugging away at my F-15 and hope to post an update soon. My goal is to finish it before the 2 year anniversary of starting the post in August. :cheers:

-Cliff