Hind F Flash Suppressors

hey guys, im building the HobbyBoss Hind but im trying to convert it to the F with the twin side canons.

any idea on how to SB the flash suppressors? (if thats what they are)

here's the one i'm going for.

5740p.jpg

PS: I have the Esci Kit as well, i was planing on KBing it but the canons on the Esci looks soooooo bad i dont think its worth it.

hey guys, im building the HobbyBoss Hind but im trying to convert it to the F with the twin side canons.

any idea on how to SB the flash suppressors? (if thats what they are)

here's the one i'm going for.

5740p.jpg

PS: I have the Esci Kit as well, i was planing on KBing it but the canons on the Esci looks soooooo bad i dont think its worth it.

Nothing comes to mind but my only suggestion is to look around the house. A few times I've lucked out and found some doo-dad sitting on a shelf that could be carved up to make the part I need. I would think any small diameter, tapered piece of plastic could be used as a starting point. Use could use a pin vise and a tiny rat tail file to hollow out the inside enough to give it some depth.

As another idea, use a piece of stretch sprue - take the section at the thick end where it tapers and cut it to length and then try to hollow it out as above.

Also, I'm not sure what scale the HB kit is but Cobra has a nice Hind F conversion kit in 1/48th.

Best of luck,

John

:D. Hi Pep,

You could scratch build the suppressors by starting out with a piece of sprue that's about the right diameter for the large end of the suppressor and the right length, then carve or whittle it down to the smaller diameter and finish off by sanding it all smooth and drilling the muzzle end out. You may perhaps need a little filler here and there but if you're careful with your carving and sanding you shouldn't need filler. I've scratchbuilt 1/72 scale wooden propellers that way in about and hour or so with only the need for a little bit of filler. I scratch built the prop blades for my Tupolev Ant-5, attached them to the spinner and made good a few faults at work one night in under 1 1/2 hours. In those days I worked a gate house at a steelworks and no scrap trucks were allowed in after 10 pm so I had plenty of time on my hands on night shift. Here are a few pics of this model and its hand carvfed prop blades. It's a cheap easy, albeit a bit time consuming way to do things like this. You already have the material in the kit so I believe in using as much as I can, after all I've paid for it.

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

I hope this has given you an idea or two about how to make such things cheaply and easily. Don't worry if you pooch the first attempt, as I did with the Tupolev's prop blades; I'd carved too much off the width. They looked ok in my hands but when I glued them to the spinner the looked really anaemic so I had to cut them off and start again. I got it looking right the second time around. Also the rigging wires you see on the model came in the kit. They're heat stretched sprue. Long wire antennae can also be made this way and look a whole lot more realistic than PE does.

:unsure:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

i might just bite the bullet and use the one from the Esci kit.

i actualy have the Cobra kit orderd and the revel kit on its way.

i started builing the 72nd one but thought that the scale just dosent do the hind

justice. so basicaly this is a dry run for the cobra conversion =)

Also nice work on that prop =) i like how you did the wood=)

Edited by Pep