I get nearly four weeks after being with my employer for six years. Makes it hard to consider changing jobs, eh?

Mate 4 weeks after 6yrs you need to have a word with your employer, I get 4 weeks a year ,sorry

regards Apples

I got 6 weeks a year, plus holidays when I retired from the Department.

I miss the benefits, the pay was crapola, but the benefits were outstanding!

Mate that would have been nice ,so long as there would have been enough money to buy kits eh.

regards Apples

At least you get to use some of yours! I've had my last two requests for time off denied, and I'm already in use it or loose it status! Apparently its my (and my co-workers) fault we're short staffed and they won't hire anybody!

Speaking of holidays, I just found out the place where I work will not be honoring those who served, or have served our country, by doing business as normal on Monday, Memorial Day! What really tics me off is the placed was pretty much shut down in honor of Confederate Memorial Day!

At least you get to use some of yours! I've had my last two requests for time off denied, and I'm already in use it or loose it status! Apparently its my (and my co-workers) fault we're short staffed and they won't hire anybody!

Speaking of holidays, I just found out the place where I work will not be honoring those who served, or have served our country, by doing business as normal on Monday, Memorial Day! What really tics me off is the placed was pretty much shut down in honor of Confederate Memorial Day!

Mate sounds like your employer is really nice, not.

You dont have some sought of union or award to help you out .

Keep at it Karma usually comes to those sort of people.

regards Apples

Happy Holidays apples... :cheers::wave:

When you have done the man cave , post the piccies here for us to wallow in your hard work!NOT!.

Just jesting I have not had a holiday since 2005...Grrrrr..

MY time will come ...you see !! :)

I work for a state government agency so we have no unions, because this is a Right to Work State! That means an employer can pretty much fire you no reason and there ain't much you can do about it.

Edited by afspret
Happy Holidays apples... :beer4::nanner:

When you have done the man cave , post the piccies here for us to wallow in your hard work!NOT!.

Just jesting I have not had a holiday since 2005...Grrrrr..

MY time will come ...you see !! :coolio:

Hang in there ,all good things come to he who waits.

I work for a state government agency so we have no unions, because this is a Right to Work State! That means an employer can pretty much fire you no reason and there ain't much you can do about it.

Run for governor and change the law youll get the votes on that alone, everyone deserves leave to be with family and to build models.