1/48 Tamiya Dambuster Re-build

My mate gave me this 1/48 Tamiya Dambuster to bebuild for him with six frets of P/E. I have been slowly doing the P/E and then realised that I needed to repaint some of the interior so after gluing it I had to split it again. It has now been repainted interior-wise where needed but haven't got up to today's date pics. You can see the P/E frets in the box and the state the kit was in. There certainly are some fit issues with it but not as bad as my mate made out. I'm hoping to get this done before the GB finishes. Wish me luck!

Regards

Andrew :)

DSC04187.jpg

DSC04188.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

Edited by Andrew Doppel

Wow, great start..........well re-start.

Progress looks great and by the look of it you will probably do it.

6 etch sheets? I had this kit with the Flightpath sets many years ago and a load of Paragon. will probably watch this build and wish I kept it all!

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not enjoying this rebuild at all. I put things on and something else false off. Anyway, here's where I'm at-on her wheels. I reckon I might just get it finished as all I need to do is sand and paint.

Regards

Andrew :stupid:

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04240.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After filling and sanding, filling and sanding again, I was at the point tonight where I could actually throw some paint at this big bird. I was really happy with the painting until I lifted it to turn it around and.........crack, she split along the top. I'm hoping that I can run some liquid cement down the seam when she's dry and that'll close up the split enough for me to continue painting. If anyone has any better tips please share them. Anyway, here's where I'm at-freshly painted and still drying. My mate who had originally built this and asked me to rebuild it really did a botched job on it. Not a re-build I'm enjoying.

Regards

Andrew :)

DSC04261.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

-dam nice ! - The pilots seat is outstanding, as is the whole cockpit !

What Sqn are you doing ?

Edited by ixgr1

Thanks Steve,

The aircraft is a 617 Squadron (RAF) bird flown by Wing Commander Guy Penrose Gibson (16-17/5/1943)-one of the few to return. The decals were crap and continually silvered so I've had to paint Matt Black over the film to lessen the silvering, but it's better than it was. I hope you like it.

Regards

Andrew :monkeydance:

DSC04267.jpg

DSC04268.jpg

DSC04269.jpg

DSC04270.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04272.jpg

DSC04273.jpg

DSC04274.jpg

DSC04275.jpg

DSC04277.jpg