IMG_0286.jpg

Base coat:

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

Color camo:

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Still have some touching up and post shading to do before the gloss coat is applied. Then on to decaling!

Just a little update to show you my progression from the basecoat applied (last update) to some post shading and weathering of the paint to try to add some depth to the plastic . . .

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Here's where I stand at the moment. Pretty satisfied with the top and the main camo. Still plan a lot of weathing for the bottom of this beast as the real ones were D-I-R-T-Y underneath. Also have a couple of shots of the stuff that hangs under the wings . . .

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Stay tuned . . .

Decals on - all 10 of them (no stencils included with the kit or AM markings). got the pylons hung and dry fitted the gas bags and rocket pods. Ready to make a final push toward completion this weekend.....

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Down to the final stretch. Got a dullcoat on, maked/sprayed various panels, finished up the things that go BOOM!, and got the resin intake covers primed, painted and installed (though not pictured). Canopy is now unmasked and I should have some final pics of this one soon......

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Pretty nice work !!

How did u do the paint chipping?

with a detail brush lightly loaded with Mithril Silver paint. I just wanted to break up the eath tones and add a little more visual interest in certain areas. Glad you like it......

Last tease before the final reveal. Got the loadout attached and the glass pieces in place. There is a small lifted-paint area on thecanopy that I need to repair (darn!). After that it's install the bang seat (w/pilot figure, I think) and on to the final reveal shots.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg