67 ppl voted for their favorite scale model manufacturer. Thanks for your participation.

Rankings

1- Tamiya (24% votes)

2- Hasegawa (19.4% votes)

3- Revell (10.4% votes)

I was pretty sure that Tamiya would be 1st. Also, I am happy that Revell is 3rd because their models improved a lot for the last 10 years (thanks to Monogram/Hasegawa...).

4- Monogram (9% - we sure have a lot of Americans voting here :D )

5- trumpeter (7.5%)

6- Academy (4.5%)

7 - Accurate Miniatures (4.5%)

I would have expected a better score for Trumpeter as their kits are of very good quality. Also, Eduard is only #8 despite the quality of the models, maybe is it due to higher prices.

I know that some brands were not in the list (Wingnut wings, etc..) but it is not that easy to have a comprehensive list of manufacturers. However, this survey gives a good idea of the most popular brands and will help new modellers in their choices.

Have a look below for further details:

captureksn.jpg

surprised HB isnt up there in top 5 - darn good priced kits in a fairly wide range of subjects with normally v good detailed mouldings.

Funny, I thought the same thing when I didn't see HobbyBoss. But not suprised about the top fiver order either. Tamiya does make well engineered kits for sure.

Maybe HB didn't do better, because maybe some think of them as just a part of Trumpeter? I know I do. I like their kits and have a number of them in the stash, plus I am also working on the 1/72 HB Rafale. You're right about the details and the prices aren't bad either.

John

• 2 weeks later...