I have compiled a excel sheet listing numerous sources and recommendations for mixing and matching RLM, RAF/FAA, French and Italian colours of WW2. I have included the IPMS suggestions, along with numerous other sites that have comparison charts, as well as various forums and their suggestions.

see my website and download the chart from :

http://www.petersplanes.com/links.htm

I have also made a chart of Tamiya, Humbrol, MM and JPS paints along with the paint chips from Merricks book on Luftwafee camo and markings. I have updated the chart with Polly Scale paints but have yet to upload it!

See above link.

• 2 weeks later...

I am dependend on colours, I can't see them all that well, and I do not like to mix paints as I cannot make out if it is the good match. so I always have an look first for other alternatives and use that instead of mixing paints. JPS is an good base to find the colurs, but I am not found on the drawings they provide in most recent years. I would be good not to have their name written all over the place. IPMS is known for an most accurate listing of paints and how to get to the right colours you may need

• 2 weeks later...

Eric2020 said:

JPS is an good base to find the colurs, but I am not found on the drawings they provide in most recent years. I would be good not to have their name written all over the place

I know they are hard to find and are essentially out of production BUT they were the most accurate colours for at least Luftwaffe planes as they were made by the man who did the well accepted and recognised colour chips in Merricks books on this matter.

here is my hand painted RLM comparison chart.

I have since added Pollyscale RLM equivalents and must update the chart!

Please note the colour chips are the actual ones from Merrick's Vol 2 book on Luftwaffe camouflage.

Further a excel spreadsheet that lists a number of sources for matches and mixes is available for downloading from my site (first dot point in the links section) here: http://www.petersplanes.com/links.htm

rlmcomparisonchart.jpg

Edited by pbhawkin