1/48 OV-10A Bronco loaded!

Dan

Good pick! I have one of these, without the Paragon set. I've been wanting to do a classic green and white one. Which one are you going to do?

Looking forward to seeing your work.

mason

Dan

Good pick! I have one of these, without the Paragon set. I've been wanting to do a classic green and white one. Which one are you going to do?

Looking forward to seeing your work.

mason

I will be doing a Classic green and white hi-vis scheme from VMO-5. I have another A and two D's in the que.. set as different dates of operation.

Semper fi

Dan

No picture update, but an update nonetheless. Spent most of the last few days adding small resin bits(exhaust baffles, tail stabs, and the like). Then I decided after staring at some reference photos that most of the rivet detail had to go, as the real deal didn't show that much detail. So, I started sanding, then decided I needed to rescribe panel lines :banghead:. Oh......did I mention I have already closed the fuselage halves! :fuyou_2: . So....that's where I am. I should have pic's soon.

Semper Fi

Dan

update for the last week. Scribing redone. and most of the resin has been added. I must say this resin set fits quite nicely with little fuss. still some small details to do and small resin bits to add. all in all not a very glamorous update.

semper Fi

Dan

dsc21483156671.jpg

dsc21513147976.jpg

dsc21503139911.jpg

Guest Hoban Washburne

Just a quick question, if you don't mind. Is this Paragon set still widely available for purchase, or has Paragon gone the way of the dodo?

Much appreciation, gents.

O.k.......so most of the tedious PE stuff is attached! using PE is the least funthing to do for me, but it's gonna really add to the end result. No I have to finish cleaning the exterior and finish the canopy(i decided to go with the kit canopy rather than use the vacuform canopy from paragon, i've never been good with vacuform canopies, always been user error). prime this pig! look for defects in the workmanship, there'll be plenty. clean that up, preshade. and go from there! here's some images for those that need pictures!

Semper Fi

Dan

all that resin makes it heavy

dsc2152q.jpg

photo etched details o the wings

dsc2153s.jpg

more etched detail

dsc2154o.jpg

yet more........

dsc2155y.jpg

dsc2156.jpg

Added a nose lightbthat was supposed to be there but was not

dsc2158i.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever
  • 2 weeks later...
and finish the canopy(i decided to go with the kit canopy rather than use the vacuform canopy from paragon, i've never been good with vacuform canopies, always been user error)

Dan

Must admit the 0V-10 is coming along nicely Dan. :unsure:

However there is something I am a little curious about, a vacform canopy is not included with the conversion (I never produced one for the Bronco) unless the vac canopy you have is from another manufacturer?

Nice model Dan! Keep the pictures coming!

Must admit the 0V-10 is coming along nicely Dan. :cheers:

However there is something I am a little curious about, a vacform canopy is not included with the conversion (I never produced one for the Bronco) unless the vac canopy you have is from another manufacturer?

Since you are here Neil, when will your wheel wells for the Bronco be available?

Nice model Dan! Keep the pictures coming!

Since you are here Neil, when will your wheel wells for the Bronco be available?

strangely, as I picked it up. I noticed it was for an f4 Skyray resin set. It must have dropped into my Paragon box. nice to see you like it Neil!

semper fi

Dan

Great job so far. Looking really nice. Those little PE parts must have added years to your life. I have the same setup but have put it off. Seeing yours is very inspiring. I sure wish someone made USMC markings for these besides the very rare Superscale ones. The 3-tone grey blotch camo would be nice.

Good question, I could not say though! I have just issued several sets for the 1/24 Mosquito, I have my hands full manufacturing those at the moment. Another problem is having to constantly renew the moulds for all of the currently available sets (around 150 sets, with multiple component moulds for most of them) which is a very time consuming process that takes up a large percentage of my time.

:rofl:

O.k. I've been working on this but have had no updates so here's where I am to date....

I've primed and sanded. re-primed and pre-shaded. no she's ready for the booth. I've worked on some external loads for this pig. and should have it worked out in a day or two....any preferences?

semper Fi

Dan

dsc2164w.jpg

dsc2165.jpg

dsc2166s.jpg

dsc2167h.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever
  • 4 weeks later...

well this thing has sat on the back burner for a bit. Finally have an update! She has color and Markings finally applied. A coat of future has been laid down and I'll start the wash process. I'm pretty pleased with the job so far. And must say again that Neil over at Paragon has done a fantastic job with this upgrade kit. All in all there is more resin than plastic but it was well worth and needed!

Semper Fi

Dan

pict0002c.jpg

pict0003df.jpg

pict0004ry.jpg

pict0005d.jpg