New Airbrush or Not New Airbrush

Hi guys, i have a small dilemma.

I have a Badger Sotar 20/20 Linky

I've had it for some time now but never really used it because i haven't built anything for the last 5 years till like 2 months ago.

the brush is awesome, very comfy, easy to use and easy to clean. problem it it's out of production. So if some time from now something breaks I'll be in trouble.

my question is should i just go ahead and ebay it and get a Paashe renegade or something along that line?

I have a Paasche H that I've had forever and it works great so i figured go with what works.

as a side note the Sotar has 2 extra tip assembly's and 1 extra needle (all are the same "fine line") but no box or doduments,

i figured i could sell it for about 100 and pay for the paasche with that.

any idead are wellcomed thanks.

PS

if we go by coolness factor

sotar wins=)

Where did you hear that it was out of production? Badger still advertises it on their website. Coast Airbrush still sells it and parts. You can check out this thread for more info.

By the way, Badger makes the Renegade, not Paasche.

Don

Edited by Don Wheeler
Sorry i ment Pashe Talon =P

and i dont remeber where i heard it i think it was from the "airbrush guy" at pearl paint

The Talon's a nice airbrush, but I don't know why you'd trade your Sotar for one. You already have a great combination; the Paasche H for broad coverage, and the Sotar for fine work.

Don

Thanks for the feedback and info guys, I suppose the guy at pearl just wanted to make a sale then.

Since i have your attention I figured i would ask:

whats the functional difference (if any) besides the protective Arm thing with these two tip?

on the left

BDG 20-101 - (No. 1) Spray Regulator (Fine)

Midle

BDG 20-102 - (No. 1) Spray Regulator w/Protective Arm (F)

On the right is the tip of the airbrush both parts share the same location.

dsc00601g.jpg

Edited by Pep

The protective arms are the functional difference. The tip on the left (w/o the arms) allows you get a little closer to your work but you now become responsible to keep the needle from hitting the model.