1/48 AFV Club F-5E Tiger II

Here is my completed AFV Club F-5E Tiger II done in the markings of the Republic of Singapore Air Force's 144 Squadron "Blackite". Built mostly out of the box except for the ejection seat which was from AMS Resin. The weapons came from the kit (AIM-9s and fuel tank) and spares from a Hobby Boss A-10 (Mk.20s and Mk.82s).

Hope you like it! Feedback and critique welcome.

Tiger_small20.jpg

Tiger_small21.jpg

Tiger_small22.jpg

Tiger_small23.jpg

Tiger_small24.jpg

Tiger_small25.jpg

Tiger_small26.jpg

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

Thank you all for your kind words! Really appreciated. :monkeydance:

Very beautiful, I am amazed at how you have got the wash to go in the panelines where there is decals...I seem not to be able to do that!

Finn-Ove

What I did was to use a strong setting solution ala Mr Mark Softer. This stuff is very potent and can give that "painted on" look really nicely. To get the decal to "enter" the panel lines and rivets, I sliced them with a new, sharp blade and applied yet more Mr Mark Softer. After that, it was followed with a gloss coat and regular enamel wash.

Mark

Thanks guys.

The kit was pretty well engineered. Thus it had little fit issues. Closing the gun bay required some sanding and dry-fitting to get just right. Also, the mounting of the main gear doors was pretty fiddly to say the least. Some care required here.

The only true aftermarket I used was the AMS Resin seat. They are available exclusively from MidTenn Hobbies. The bombs came from the spares box.

Hope this answers your questions!

Mark