Experiences with Eduard's "Color Zoom" sets?

Squadron has what seems to be an excellent sale on 48th Eduard "Color Zoom" detail sets, so I bought a few as a trial run. Anyone used these specifically on F-15E, F-16, or F-18s?

Just looking for feedback/experiences with them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

The level of detail is quite good, but details are noticeably flat in the larger scale. The biggest problem IMHO is that their colors aren't close to the "real" color. The Eduard parts will stand out if you paint the rest of the cockpit the color that is correct.

color printing quality varies from sets to sets...

i have the f-4e (2x !), mig-21mf, mig 23 color zoom sets... where some printing isnt outstanding... :-(

in counterpart, i've got f-4j color zoom that is perfectly printed, with deep black color where it should be... (not a pixelat dark grey like on some other sets)

i think eduard have still to improve in the color Pe domaine... (even if they're the only one who produce it)

I like their Zoom sets. However, I much rather paint them myself. That way, I can match the colors better.

The coloring on Eduard's seat belts and instrument panels are ok, but sometimes they are off or flat out wrong in on other parts. I have a couple of 1/72 Bf 109 sets (for the Fine Molds 109F) that have RLM 02 paint instead of RLM 66. Yeah, it's not a big deal to paint it over, but Zoom sets are getting more and more expensive and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Just my opinion.... :crying2:

I like their Zoom sets. However, I much rather paint them myself. That way, I can match the colors better.

The coloring on Eduard's seat belts and instrument panels are ok, but sometimes they are off or flat out wrong in on other parts. I have a couple of 1/72 Bf 109 sets (for the Fine Molds 109F) that have RLM 02 paint instead of RLM 66. Yeah, it's not a big deal to paint it over, but Zoom sets are getting more and more expensive and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Just my opinion.... :(

I've always stuck with resin or painting PEB by hand, but I saw the sets on Squadron this month at a fairly decent price ($5-8) so I thought I'd give them a shot. Should be here soon, I'll post some pics once I get one installed!